Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ecstasy and MDMA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i'm confused, whats the difference?!

Comments

• Options
    MDMA is Ecstacy. Slang term.
  • Options
    Ecstasy should be MDMA. But a lot of pills these days contain MDA, MDEA, amphetamine or a mixture of these and other things.
  • Options
    See this is what I thought. Until my friend said yesterday something about not wanting to do E but having done MDMA :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Ecstasy should be MDMA. But a lot of pills these days contain MDA, MDEA, amphetamine or a mixture of these and other things.

MDEA is actually very rare now a days, I havent seen it come up in a test result for a long time. Pure MDA ones arent that common either. Most active pills are MDMA and only MDMA.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    See this is what I thought. Until my friend said yesterday something about not wanting to do E but having done MDMA :mad:

Maybe by "E" she means "pills".
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    MDEA is actually very rare now a days, I havent seen it come up in a test result for a long time. Pure MDA ones arent that common either. Most active pills are MDMA and only MDMA.

Is this true ?? I honestly find it hard to believe . I have had plenty of pills over the yrs and they always leave you feeling dirty and sickly.
    Mdma on the other hand is the purest kind of pill , which in my experience can't be found very easily. It comes in a powder form which is much smoother and more enjoyable and without the nasty dirty feeling when you are done.

Maybe the pills are just shite in Dublin !!
  • Options
    As I've mentioned on here before many pills now have trace MDA in them as well when they are tested. This probably means that the synth wasnt done all that well because you make MDA then move to MDMA.

This could also be the cause in the drop in prices, more cooks, big upsurge in supply means lower prices.
  • Options
    The long and short of it is that people often refer to E or pills differently to MDMA, which generally comes in a powder form and is purer. This factsheet will give you some more info.
    :)
  • Options
    I wouldnt say that, powder is FAR easier to adulterate than pills, with pills your only trusting the cook, powder your trusting a whole line of dealers.

One isnt really 'better' than the other, both have risks.
  • Options
    Crystal MDMA has quite a specific taste. Most stuff sold as crystal MDMA seems to be the real deal, so I'm told.
  • Options
    Can only really get crystal MDMA around here when it's about. Have had powder MDMA a couple of times. Didn't really rate the powder stuff the only times I've had it though.
  • Options
    It can be quite an expencive hit, at 40 a gram thats far more expencive than pills. But, well it depends on what your looking for really.
  • Options
    The price did shock me the first time I bought it. I would do it instead of pills, but most of the time when I have enough money to afford it I would rather fork out for a couple of grams of charlie.
  • Options
    Fair enough, at 40 a gram I'd much rather have a gram of MDMA than cocaine.
  • Options
    id rather have MDMA over cocaine anyday including pills, had cocaine once wouldnt ever have it again. too expensive and too be honest id rather buy 8 or 10 E's for £20 then a half a gram, juss depends who you know i guess!!!
  • Options
    I can't really explain why I love charlie. I take pills far more often but really look forward to treating myself to a night on the town with a bit of coke when I've got money.
  • Options
    fair play to you SandBox but i have mates who are fucking their lives up with this stuff, rocking it up for more effects, and you can see their personality changing, more violent, short tempers, really depressed when they dont have coke, even when they drink or do other stuff they cant stop thinking of coke, which also scares me as well!!

just be careful but im sure you dont need me telling u this!!

i have been very dependent on E's but not now, very proud of myself (:D - pat on my back) if i got into coke id break everything ive ever said about the stuff!!

it is quite funny or sad even to watch when i am with my coke pals its only me who doesnt take it, when there are 9 - 12 ppl on it, that is will power and determination:D
  • Options
    It is weird how when I first did it it was a one off thing... then only on special occassions... then once a month.. then once a week etc.

Luckily the majority of my mates aren't hooked on it at all and can help to keep me away from it too often. If all my mates were coke heads I would probably be dead by now.
  • Options
    there were really 3 of us taking E's but one stopped and it was just me and the other one but then something bad happened to me and the comedown has changed me foreva. i have adapted to what i have become now though i just tell myself there are alot of ppl much worse than me. but if it was still us 3 taking them id be a complete E-Tard needing pyschiatric help because before i stoppped i was triple dropping and taking them every weekend, i remember in april i took em 6 times that month:eek2:

but one thing with coke is that for me it is dear for not that long of a high, not putting anyone down who does it btw but the problem with E's r very cheap and last 1.5 - 2.0 hours.
    well if your an E-Head and have high tolerance they wont last that long:lol:
  • Options
    Coke isnt a dopers drug, its just expencive optomism in powder form.
  • Options
    When i tried coke i found it didn't last very long, but i was on pills at the time, only tried it once. Probably buy it sometime down the line.
  • Options
    that'd be why then. coke and pills do not mix well together.
  • Options
    The cocaine will just sober you up, but of course that is only the feel, physically mixing large amounts of stimulants is quite dangerous.