Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just got back from Reading Festival!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Had an absolute blinder. Was worried about the weather beforehand but the mud just added to the fun.
Still very sketchy, think a couple of days sleeps are probably required after that.
How did anyone else find it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Fab. Morrissey was amazing, I felt so star struck. Placebo were fantastic too. They were my highlights, although 50 cent getting booed and bottled off stage kind of made me chuckle too.
    The mud was something else. people pitching tents in the middle of actual puddles, if it was merely marshy, then that was a luxury pitch!. The toilets in the campsites were legendary - the kind of filth that you remember for years. My leg muscles are now extra strong from hovering over seats, and I actually used a she-pee :D = I now know what its like to pee standing up!! (without getting feet wet)
    Have spent sooooooooooooo much money, and didnt even get a souvenir tshirt. Had a great time although next year im hiring a boat to moor up outside .
  • Options
    I just got back too. Greenday were fucking awesome last night! Thought Roots Manouvre and Goldfinger were great too. and Jurassic Five. And dropkick murphies, although what were all the 13yr old girls doing on stage?!

Think we had the best camping site in the whole place! It wasn't wet in the slightest, I couldnt believe where some people were camped, like in inches of muddy water and stuff! Soo glad I didn't have to do that. We were next to the aquafresh shower conveyor belt thing..how cool was that?! Did anyone else go in?
  • Options
    they were awesome, although we didnt stay for all of it, as didnt want to get caught in the mad cattlerush for the gates at the end, like we did on friday night.
    I needent have worried though as as far as I could tell, the party went on till 5am.
  • Options
    i was working at the leeds fetival and ended up putting out tent fires on the sunday night, and then some little fuckwit decided to try and set fire to the stewards and security people, that and beating them, so good fun in all
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    i was working at the leeds fetival and ended up putting out tent fires on the sunday night, and then some little fuckwit decided to try and set fire to the stewards and security people, that and beating them, so good fun in all

what campsite was you working on? wasn't yellow bubble was it?

heehee i thought the names for the camp sites was funny, specially gypsy lane/road
  • Options
    cos of all the festivel goers, the train was too packed and they wouldnt let me on! :mad: the 2nd train was delayed cos of everyone getting on :mad: i was over an hour late for work :mad:
  • Options
    I bet if id worked at the festival, id have got the job of sitting round the toilets on the campsite.
    Imagine that, being all excited about working there and getting in for free, and then having to do that, nowhere near the actual arena.
    gutted.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the aerial shots of Reading and Leeds given away as a poster in the latest NME. All I can say is that Reading, from above, looked like a refugee camp!
  • Options
    then i guess i looked like a refugee from the air, actually probaly from the ground too