Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sir Bobby sacked!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I just heard on the news that Bobby got the sack from the Toon!!

Who are they going to replace him with??!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Martin O'Neill will be linked, and he'll be a plank for taking the job.

If I was a Geordie I'd be clamouring for Iain Dowie to be given the job, if I was a Mackem I'd be clamouring for Alan Shearer to be given the job.

It's disgraceful how Sir Robson has been treated by the club. Mind, Freddy Shepherd and good morals don't meet very often.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The way the board of Newcastle have treated Robson has been appauling recently.

While I wish Bobby Robson all the best in his retirement, I hope that Newcastle Utd shortly find themselves in the Football League.
    isnt it weird the last two managers got sacked the game after they dropped shearer? no idea who they can get in now, whoever it is wont get to mould the team the way they want it until january, so dont know whether it was a good idea to sack the manager.

personally, i think if they put steve carver in charge for now, and booted shearer back to blackburn asap, they might get away with what is the most shoddy treatment of a person ive ever seen.

dont be surprised if steve bruce takes the job though, he's not known for honouring contracts.
    Reckon it will be martin o'neill with Shearer as his assistant.
    i think its a stupid and disgusting decision to sack sir Bobby. And i can see Newcastle struggling to get a uefa cup spot as the new manager will have his own ideas bout the side etc.
    Any manager that goes to newcastle will struggle. Most of the dressing room arent great mates at the moment and with the chairman very determined to sign rooney the strikers will become unhappy because they have too many. The manager will also have to contest with Mr Shearer who i think has the most power at newcastle.

As to the new manager i dont think it will be bruce because he has a very good team in the making at birmingham. A suprise manager could be glenn hoddle, just remember you heard it here first. :)
    Originally posted by spartaalbion

Not unless O'Neill is a moron it won't be.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by spartaalbion

would be *very* surprised if that happened to be honest.
    robson

i jst read in da paper that shearer and venibables are meant to be teaming to take over the coaching side of the team
    Re: robson
    Originally posted by thomson2004
    i jst read in da paper that shearer and venibables are meant to be teaming to take over the coaching side of the team

Having deciphered the txt spk, I have to say that I really bloody hope so.

I'd love to see the barcodes get relegated- and that superstar dream team of Alan "Mary Poppins" Shearer and Terry "oops, I didn't realise that was theft" Venables would almost certainly guarantee it. Whilst bankrupting them :lol:
    pfft! Venables!

:crazyeyes

He's only respected because of his coaching skils. He only ever won the FA Cup at Tottenham and one championship at Barcelona.
    shearer could do well as manager if he worked with the right assistant like venibales