Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what would work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm going back to school next week, we don't have a uniform, but i still like to look reasonably smartish, and gothic... when i was at school last time, it was still cool enough to wear leather trousers and thick black tops, but seeing as the temps are still between 25-30 at the moment, i can't do that. i'm also thinking about getting my hair cut to just below my chin, would that look ok?

heres the picture:

S2010042.jpg

NB: i really can't do any other colours than: red, black, blue, purple, and green..sometimes a little white....

Comments

• Options
    if you were at my school, i would have punched you for that picture
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    And what school did you go to? The school that teaches the philosophy 'violence solves everything' :rolleyes:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    And what school did you go to? The school that teaches the philosophy 'violence solves everything' :rolleyes:

Ilora x

it was more the 'persecute everyone who follows a prickish fashion' school
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: what would work?
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    i'm going back to school next week, we don't have a uniform, but i still like to look reasonably smartish, and gothic... when i was at school last time, it was still cool enough to wear leather trousers and thick black tops, but seeing as the temps are still between 25-30 at the moment, i can't do that. i'm also thinking about getting my hair cut to just below my chin, would that look ok?

heres the picture:

S2010042.jpg

NB: i really can't do any other colours than: red, black, blue, purple, and green..sometimes a little white....

thats quite a nice piccie to be honest.

can you not just wear that without the big heavy coat?
  • Options
    it was more the 'persecute everyone who follows a prickish fashion' school
    The surely, you were one of the persecuted?

Ilora x
  • Options
    Re: Re: what would work?
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    thats quite a nice piccie to be honest.

can you not just wear that without the big heavy coat?

seriously too hot, i can only wear those trousers after about 10 PM
  • Options
    Just as I saw on TV: a vamp with a dark blue mini mini mini skirt and an orenge top... xD well... I'm just kidding :p

You could wear a long black skirt with a red top without sleeves (I don't realy know what clothes do you have, I'm just guessing using the colors) don't know if you'll like it... I do ;) and don't forget the accesories!! :)
  • Options
    why can't you do anymore colours than that??
    its a shame because your hair is nice & dark barnets always look good with bright colours. if you can wear green, wear a nice green cardi or something. you'd still look erm, 'gothic', with your jewlerry or what have you..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora Danon

Ilora x

:lol:

that one made me laugh.

seriously too hot, i can only wear those trousers after about 10 PM

have you not got a lighter pair of trousers?

i would probably go for a lighter pair of trousers (not leather ones but cotton ones) and get a nice purple/green top to go with it.

also, cut your hair if you want, it will make it a bit lighter around your neck.

edited as i quoted the wrong person :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon

Ilora x

bet it took you years of bullying to come up with that :rolleyes:
  • Options

Well, fuck me...that comment was rather scary. You actually openly admit that you would punch someone just because of the way they dress? That is absolutely ridiculous. What difference does it make how someone dresses? So if a "goth" was at your school, not bothering you, just hanging out with her mates, you would STILL go punch her? Are you actually proud of being a bully?

Fuck sake, it is people like you who make other kids scared to go school. It is people like you who ruin lives, who suppress other peoples desires to wear whatever the hell they want to wear. So she is not wearing pastle pink and shopping in the Gap, big fucking deal. Go get a goddamn clue and wisen your attitudes towards other people. Noone should be persecuted, especially not on the basis of their clothing :no:

Oh, and if you "were only kidding" - if you cant say anything constructive, dont say anything at all. Bloody hell, its not big and its certainly not clever posting on every single thread just to get that post count up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by draven
    Well, fuck me...that comment was rather scary. You actually openly admit that you would punch someone just because of the way they dress? That is absolutely ridiculous. What difference does it make how someone dresses? So if a "goth" was at your school, not bothering you, just hanging out with her mates, you would STILL go punch her? Are you actually proud of being a bully?

Fuck sake, it is people like you who make other kids scared to go school. It is people like you who ruin lives, who suppress other peoples desires to wear whatever the hell they want to wear. So she is not wearing pastle pink and shopping in the Gap, big fucking deal. Go get a goddamn clue and wisen your attitudes towards other people. Noone should be persecuted, especially not on the basis of their clothing :no:

Oh, and if you "were only kidding" - if you cant say anything constructive, dont say anything at all. Bloody hell, its not big and its certainly not clever posting on every single thread just to get that post count up.

yes :yes:

im sorry, but as much as sometimes i dont like luby or whatever, there was no need for the original post. it wasnt very nice or constructive considering that for once luby actually asked for sensible advice :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by draven

ive been here for two years if i was really bothered about my post count i would have it up to 15000000 or something, i just think its stupid that she wont wear anythin expt those colours and takin g a 'im so depressed' pic by a grave is jus totally pathetic and i wasnt kidding, these silly little goths should widen there perspectives, i suppose she'll grow out of it eventually :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    I know goths who are going into their late twenties and they are perfectly happy. Your remarks are childish and idiotic and are unwelcomed here. Your talking about them widening their perspective I think you need to take your own advice.

*claps* well said.

I also think something like a long black skirt with tops in one of the colours you like would be good, skirt is airy but still looks good.
  • Options

Agreed, but only if that was a gravestone she was leaning on, i mean how disrespectful is leaning on someones gravestone for a picture.

*awaits 'it isnt a gravestone', 'its my long lost cousins best mates sisters uncles gravestone that i knew really well'*
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    how disrespectful is leaning on someones gravestone for a picture.

have been purposely avoiding this topic, but i do agree with that.

you don't just go around sitting on dead people.
  • Options
    blimey, its only a gravestone. Its not as if the dead person really cares.
  • Options
    You could wear a mini skirt and boots with a long sleeved shirt or something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    blimey, its only a gravestone. Its not as if the dead person really cares.

how do you know? :p

i was just brought up to respect the dead, so that makes me uncomfortable.
  • Options
    im sure if they cared, then one of them would say something.
  • Options
    im sure if they cared, then one of them would say something.

maybe one day they will :yes:
  • Options
    I always make a point of asking the dead people to put their hands up if they have any objection to me dancing a merry jig on their graves. So far none of them seem to be bothered one way or the other.
  • Options
    I always make a point of asking the dead people to put their hands up if they have any objection to me dancing a merry jig on their graves. So far none of them seem to be bothered one way or the other.

i'm all for people having their own beliefs, but a little bit of respect for other people's never goes amiss.

i can't speak for everyone, but if someone was posing (or dancing) on the grave of someone i loved, i'd be really offended.
  • Options
    To be fair Kaffrin, that grave looks pretty old. I doubt its a well tended grave of someone recent. I would be more inclined to agree with you if she was either (a) doing something really offensive actually aimed at disrespecting the grave or the dead in general. or (b) doing it to a recent grave where there are still likely to be people who are grieving for the person in the grave.
    Sitting down harmlessly in a very old graveyard isnt high on my list of offensive behaviour. She isnt even disturbing the grave.
    I do see what youre saying though, if she was vandalising the grave or something, it would be completely offensive.
  • Options
    i just think that i am not that easily offended, so if i think it's a bit off, there will be people that really take it to heart.

there are other 'i'm so goth' picture locations that don't involve hanging out on someone's grave.
  • Options
    You cant just not do things you want to do because a few people might be a bit offended though Kaff, can you? especially when youre a teenager - thats what its all about.
    Not everybody has to like everything everybody else does, and if having her photo taken next to an ancient gravestone is what she wants to do, then its not that troublesome in the grand scheme of things, and it could be a lot worse.
    I had my photo taken next to Rob Roys gravestone once!!!
  • Options
    your style is good ,keep going on ,fashion needs to accentuate personality:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i just think that i am not that easily offended, so if i think it's a bit off, there will be people that really take it to heart.

Its all about respect, and people should be respecting the dead like they would respect a living person. Teenagers, and goths in particular, aren't too hot on the whole respect thing though.

Because of the heat, you should try and extend into other colours. Bright reds would complement the black really well, and would be a bit easier to wear in the heat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    people should be respecting the dead like they would respect a living person. .
    do you really believe its just as important?
    and whats disrespectful about sitting on a grave?
    please tell me as I can see youre saying its disrespectful, but i cant see how. The persons body isnt necessarily even in the grave. A grave is just a marker. My uncle actually has a park bench instead of a gravestone. Lots of people sit on it.
  • Options
    ive been here for two years if i was really bothered about my post count i would have it up to 15000000 or something, i just think its stupid that she wont wear anythin expt those colours and takin g a 'im so depressed' pic by a grave is jus totally pathetic and i wasnt kidding, these silly little goths should widen there perspectives, i suppose she'll grow out of it eventually :rolleyes:

Hmmm....yes yes, you are so right. I mean, punching people is definately the best way to make them widen their perspectives. It will make them realise that there are people in the world who think that violence solves everything and also it will teach them that they are not allowed to wear what they like, because it offends the "highstreetohmygodimustonlybymyshitinmissselfridgeandtopshopbecauseheattellsmeto" shoppers.

Thats right, well done you. I hope you have taught lots of people lessons today.

ps...sarcasim aside, using violence against "goth" kids is only going to strengthen their gothic tendencies. Why would they want to change into a pink and beige wearing bully???