Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How did you meet?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zella
    With my current partner my bf at the time introduced us and tried to set us up (kinda) cos he was trying to get rid of me as I got pissed off with him constantly texting other girls, flirting with 38 diff girls off faceparty and then the various other girls he met while working on the fair. But yea I got side tracked there. My current and I met for like 5 mins outside their school then got to know eachother on here. We met up once for a joint in the park then it was about a week till we next met up. We were web caming and he had really greasy hair and I told him to wash it, he told me to do it cos he couldnt be bothered. So I did. We've been inseperable ever since.
    thats quite sweet... now your all engaged and stuff too! :D

met my otherhalf on these very boards, developed from a friendship over about 12 months then we finally met up 2 months ago and now we are engaged.
  • Options
    I met my boyfriend through my friend i guess, well after gcse's she moved to a different college and made friends there and my boyfriend is a friend of the people that she made friends with, but he didn't go to that college so she met him when they qent out and stuff
    A couple of months after i split up with my exboyfriend i randomly started talking to this person on msn to find out where my friend was and then about 2 weeks later he came to see me (and my friend), and he was the cutest thing, haha :p and we have been together for 16 months, which makes him my second longest relationsip. Woohoo.
  • Options
    *gone&*
  • Options
    Faceparty
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth

We are the original and the bestest though :yes:

Shall we fight it out? lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Shall we fight it out? lol

Me and littlemissy also claim to be bestest. :hyper:
  • Options
    on msn i met beth
    before that at a club was nikki, but beth i met thru msn got me speaking to nikki thinking i didnt know her

and yahoo before that

and recently it been pub
  • Options
    I've met 2 through this place...
    My current one through friends/msn profiles. It was kinda rather odd, but i'm glad it happened the way it did. Cos i'm happier now than i've been for a long time. :D
  • Options
    i met my ex through faceparty/msn and it lasted for a while but it really helped my confidence
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    Two months and now your ENGAGED?:eek: Why is everyone getting engaged these days??? I've been going out with my boyfriend for 14 months and even if I was older, I'd still think that was to short a time.

hehe. my thoughts exactly, but you have to let people do what they do.

i've been with my other half for 2 and a half year, we're both in our twenties, and although we've been talking about it for a while, we're still not engaged.

we figure if you're gonna spend the rest of your lives together, a few months/years won't make a difference. and i guess for a commitment that important, you have to be really REALLY sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Me and littlemissy also claim to be bestest. :hyper:

Yeah, but we own the lot of youse...
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    hehe. my thoughts exactly, but you have to let people do what they do.

Aye.

We got engaged quite quickly, but then we just plodded along for a while. Such is life:)
  • Options
    Shit, I didn't realise how many people meet people here and have relationships with them. I met a couple of people from the net when I was about 15 but I don't think I'd do it now..seems much easier to meet people in real life.

Do you class it as a real 'relationship' even when you haven't met each other? Like would you be totally faithful to someone you are supposedly 'with' on the net? I just can't quite understand it. For me, I've got to an age where if I'm going out with someone, I need them around to physically go out with, rather than coming home and talking to them over msn?! I don't knowww..technology these days eh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    We got engaged quite quickly, but then we just plodded along for a while. Such is life:)

i think i'm just more wary cause i was engaged before, and it was nearly 3 years before i realised it wasn't what i wanted.

this time i'm going to be absolutely, totally and utterly sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    Do you class it as a real 'relationship' even when you haven't met each other? Like would you be totally faithful to someone you are supposedly 'with' on the net?

we met on the net, but now he lives with me.

i think it's the same for most of the others in this thread.

i see it as just another way to meet people. safer than a bar or club cause you can wait til you're sure about them before you swap any personal details.
  • Options
    There's meeting on the net and there's having an internet relationship.

We met on here as friends, GWST didn't live that far away, and we fell in love in real life. And now GWST is sat about three feet behind me, drinking a cup of tea.
  • Options
    For those who don't know

We met on here talked for a few months as friends, met up one day & really hit it off. 3-4 months later he moved to Bristol to be with me :D. Now we have a lovely baby boy.
  • Options
    Having read this thread, I meet people in the weirdest places! Met my current guy on the train, the one before that in the supermarket (he pushed my trolley off, supposedly 'by accident' instead of his and we got chatting), and the previous one was a landscape gardener working on the house opposite mine!
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    Two months and now your ENGAGED?:eek: Why is everyone getting engaged these days??? I've been going out with my boyfriend for 14 months and even if I was older, I'd still think that was to short a time. O wel, I hope it works out for you guys!

On another note, I didn't realise how common it was these days to meet people of the net until I read this thread.
    I got engaged after 2 months :D been together nearly a year now, it just felt so right! Still does :D
    just cos your engaged doesnt mean u will marry right away!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    For those who don't know

We met on here talked for a few months as friends, met up one day & really hit it off. 3-4 months later he moved to Bristol to be with me :D. Now we have a lovely baby boy.

awww bless how sweet!!i want a boy friend why cant i get 1?:confused:
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Ah, I wouldn't want to rub it in your face :p

:eek: The cheek of it. you just know i would give a good fight :p.
  • Options
  • Options
    My last ex, i met here, (Alistair) only i got chatting to him through Turtle. That was back in 2002.

The one before that was at reading festival.

The one before that was at reading festival (yes, it's a good place to pick up men :p)

The one before that was a friend of a friend.
  • Options
    I met my latest bf at work, we still work together god forbid if we ever broke up, it would be so hard to see him and not talk.

one b4 that was one of my brothers mates

one b4 that was a car cruise (i think the national last year)

cant remember anymore lol
    (no there hasnt been that many, my memory is just shite)

xxxxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by aimz
    I met my latest bf at work, we still work together god forbid if we ever broke up, it would be so hard to see him and not talk.

one b4 that was one of my brothers mates

one b4 that was a car cruise (i think the national last year)

cant remember anymore lol
    (no there hasnt been that many, my memory is just shite)

xxxxx

yeah yeah :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    yeah yeah :lol:

Oi i'll have you know im a virgin and have never even see a willy:p
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    In my local, he was actually seeing a kinda mate (not good mate or out) she was always shitting on him, saying she'd meet him and she didnt turn up....she was basically using him.
    So we chatted, he bought me drinks, went to the chinese for gravy and chips on the way home and were still together and married :D