Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

United equalises in 93rd minute shock!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Blackburn Rovers 1 (Dickov, 17) - Manchester United 1 (Smith, 93:34)

Players come and go, trophies are won and lost, but that old faithful United tradition lives on and on...

I should have done an online bet as well as I was assuring colleagues at work, who were commenting on Blackburn beating United 1-0, that they could rest assured United would score in the third minute of injury time. I wonder what the odds would've been...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Somethings never change, the best bit is the Man U scum freely admit its a complete fucking con.

Never mind, Smith will soon be benchwarming at Everton hopefully!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by JsT
    Somethings never change, the best bit is the Man U scum freely admit its a complete fucking con.

Never mind, Smith will soon be benchwarming at Everton hopefully!

darn tootin :D
  • Options
    Indeed.

Ferguson getting refs to change their mind on added time never changes too.

And nor does them scoring from blatant handballs.

And nor does Cuntiano Ronaldo cheating.

*sigh*

Ferguson should be burned at the stake, IMHO.
  • Options
    Referee determines amount of injury time to play shock!

God help us if referees are to keep the tradition of allowing time for injuries instead of letting supporters choose how long a match should last eh?

You can all bitch and moan about the fact that United scored in the last minute (I won't disagree with the handball aspect), but I shall look forward to reminding you of this thread when it happens to you. Assuming that the losers you lot support haven't already given up of course. :p

This smacks more of your own frustration at not being able to glory in a United defeat than anything else...
    Originally posted by JsT
    the best bit is the Man U scum freely admit its a complete fucking con.

They do? News to me...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    God help us if referees are to keep the tradition of allowing time for injuries instead of letting supporters choose how long a match should last eh?

Or, indeed, being dictated to by Fergie the Red Nosed Arsehole.

You know as well as I do that that board said three minutes until Fergie whinged, and suddenly it got changed. There is a distinct pro-United bias at the FA, it has always been there (like when Elleray didn't ref a United match for something like six months after Fergie moaned about him) though it hasn't reared its ugly head for a bit.

I would be annoyed if it had been an honest goal, but it wasn't. Not the handball (although given the refs eyeline I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that) and certainly not the extra minute of stoppage time magically conjured up from nowhere.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You know as well as I do that that board said three minutes until Fergie whinged, and suddenly it got changed.

So let's explain how the system works then.

The 4th official indicates to the referree how much time he would like to see added, sometimes (because the referee usually agrees) they input it on the board. However, it is the referee who has the final say and not the fourth official. So it doesn't matter what Fergie may have said to the man on the line, if the referee in the middle indicates otherwise.
    There is a distinct pro-United bias at the FA

Yes, as the Rio and Cantona cases have proven...
    I would be annoyed if it had been an honest goal, but it wasn't. Not the handball (although given the refs eyeline I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that) and certainly not the extra minute of stoppage time magically conjured up from nowhere.

It was an honest goal. Unless you believe that Fergie somehow knew that Smith needed all four minutes to reister the goal...
  • Options
    Yes, as the Rio and Cantona cases have proven...

Both got off very lightly, before that old chestnut comes out. Duncan "disorderly" Ferguson was JAILED for doing not very much more than Cantona, and Ferdinand should ahve had the book thrown at him, drugs cheat that he is.

It was an honest goal. Unless you believe that Fergie somehow knew that Smith needed all four minutes to reister the goal...

It would have kept ticking along until United equalised. It's happened so many times- the blue shit across town have the same happen to them all the time too.

The handball makes it not an honest goal- mind, I've yet to see a French player at Manchester United who isn't a dirty cheat :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Ferguson was JAILED for doing not very much more than Cantona

Not by the FA he wasn't :p

If memory serves me correctly he didn't get an eight month ban for somthing which, as you say, the courts decided was assault...
    Ferdinand should ahve had the book thrown at him, drugs cheat that he is.

He missed a test, that does not make him a "drugs cheat". Varying levels you see. And based on previous cases in Football, and some subsequent, he was punished harshly. Hell even the FA said they were making an example of him because of his profile.
    It would have kept ticking along until United equalised.

It couldn't.

That's why the board was brought in, it prevents the referee from adding anymore time on than he has indicated.
  • Options
    That's why the board was brought in, it prevents the referee from adding anymore time on than he has indicated.

I've seen it happen before now where a small team has been holding on against a big team and, even with the board, the refs played on until they equalised- Manchester Shitty in particular seem to benefit from it an awful lot.

Yes, Ferguson did get banned, although, yes, it was the SFA. Hence why Duncan Disorderly won't play for Scotland (not that they'd want him anymore).