Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not Talking Anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got anyone you no longer not talk to - espacially via the Internet?

Just got an email from a guy I last heard from about 8 months ago.

I was suposed to go visit this guy ages ago when his wife and kid was abroad for 4 weeks and he had some time to spare and he lives pretty far away, but when the time came he'd start logging off MSN as soon as I logged in, etc and this happened so many times I thought stuff it and didn't bother with him anymore.

Now after all this time he sends an email to me.

But it's been so long out of touch I don't think I can be bothered with him anymore... plus the guy is bad luck ... but that's another story!!

So you lost touch with anyone?

Comments

• Options
    yeah, definately!
    but mainly internet-pals... guess they just come and go.

I believe that via the internet one gets to know so many people so easily that one just can't keep up the contact to everyone...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Someone who I used to work with who moved down to work at our offices in London, I eventually lost contact with her and hadnt spoken to her in 3 months until I rang the office earlier to sort out a problem and she answered.
  • Options
    Yep, I've lost touch with a lot of my school friends. Even though we live in the same village since I've been going out with my girlfriend who I met at Xmas people have started slowly not getting in touch. It all started a couple of years ago when i stopped playing football in "their" team because of work and uni. It's a bit pathetic and cliquey to be honest.

But whenever I see them in the village or in town they are nice as pie or if my girlfriend does they are nice aswell.
  • Options
    I met someone from online about 6 weeks ago and he was obnoxious, arrogant and pretentious. He harrassed me with texts and phonecalls for a few weeks but he finally got the hint.

Urm, I've lost touch with people I knew at school but it doesn't really bother me that much. If you're meant to be close forever then you will be.
  • Options
    No, most people who want to talk to me are either crossdressers or just wacko's.
  • Options
    I talk to older women on the net. One I'm talking to at the moment doesn't live far from me!
  • Options
    Quite a few; especially ones from school. Simple cause we moved on, doing different things. I now have friends from were I use to work or at college.

I don't rarely get close with people through the internet. Though there is a few I enjoy chattin with and will probably meet :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Quite a few; especially ones from school. Simple cause we moved on, doing different things.

yeah.

As people grow and change they move on, do different things, meet new people. It's how life is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    yeah.

As people grow and change they move on, do different things, meet new people. It's how life is.

Second that, we grow up and maybe realise that what we thought of as good friends turned out to be pretty crap friends. I don't bother looking back at the past that much, we all move on. If you were meant to still be friends then you would be. C'est la vie. I don't really miss any of my old mates that much, i miss the times we had but can't seem to think of many good qualities some of them had.
  • Options
  • Options
    me and *tink* dont talk no more. Shes never on msn the same time as me and she never texts me. And me and young and sexy didnt talk for like 5 months. But we talk quite regulary now.