Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girls I Need Your Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the last month or so, I have noticed how sensitive and sore my breasts have been.

I aint on any contraception or any other medication so nowt I can blame there.

When it's round my time of month, it's usually my nipples that are affected. But it just seems my whole breast is sore; like they got punched or something. Especially when I walk/run briskly as they move about.

Is it possible, I'm just not wearing the right bra size... and I just aint getting the right support or something?

Any suggestions would be great!

Xxx

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure at your time of the month, it would be possible to get sore breasts, not just your nipples. It's happened to me before anyway. I don't see that wearing the wrong size bra would make your breasts that sore to be honest, are your bras too tight? I think it's probably hormones. No chance of pregnancy is there?
  • Options
    Oh yeah forgot to mention that. I am very certain I aint pregnant. I suppose I am due my period soon... but my breasts have never been this sore to be honest and it has been going for a while. So I got a little concern and I have been wondering am I even wearing the right bra size as I've never been measured properly and would wear any that seems to fit me.
  • Options
    It could be partly related to muscular strain - for example, if you've been lifting weights or doing any other kind of strenous exercise. Particularly if you've only been doing it recently, or to a more intensive degree recently. It could also definitely be a result of an ill-fitting bra, not wearing a bra for a few days, or even a bra made from a material that irritates your skin - since the skin on the breasts is extremely sensitive.

I would hazard a guess that it is probably partially hormonal, but I think it must be a combination of other things too, or it would be such a pronounced and prolonged issue.

Obviously it's not going to sort itself out, or at least not in the short-term, so for your own comfort I'd suggest wearing your most supportive, plain bras at the moment, and booking an appointment with your GP or Practice Nurse. Although it sounds like it's a minor problem which can probably be easily sorted, there are always small chances of problems and any change in breast shape, size or feeling should be checked out immediately.

I would also recommend Evening Primrose Oil, which I take when my breasts are tender around my period. It really does make a difference :)

Hope you sort it soon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    It could be partly related to muscular strain - for example, if you've been lifting weights or doing any other kind of strenous exercise. Particularly if you've only been doing it recently, or to a more intensive degree recently. It could also definitely be a result of an ill-fitting bra, not wearing a bra for a few days, or even a bra made from a material that irritates your skin - since the skin on the breasts is extremely sensitive.

I would hazard a guess that it is probably partially hormonal, but I think it must be a combination of other things too, or it would be such a pronounced and prolonged issue.

Obviously it's not going to sort itself out, or at least not in the short-term, so for your own comfort I'd suggest wearing your most supportive, plain bras at the moment, and booking an appointment with your GP or Practice Nurse. Although it sounds like it's a minor problem which can probably be easily sorted, there are always small chances of problems and any change in breast shape, size or feeling should be checked out immediately.

I would also recommend Evening Primrose Oil, which I take when my breasts are tender around my period. It really does make a difference :)

Hope you sort it soon.

What she said :D
  • Options
    Cheers hun - Wearing me most comfortable bra at the moment. I do exercise but not on me upper body really coz of me skinny arms I get frustrated with that... hehe just me running.

Anyways, I'm going to leave it till next week after bank holiday and see how I feel; and if it's still on my mind with worry I think I'll check with me GP just to put me mind at rest, coz I can be a worrier :p

An think I'll take your advice on the Evening Primrose Oil; thanx :)
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, do you check your breasts for lumps as well?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Cheers hun - Wearing me most comfortable bra at the moment. I do exercise but not on me upper body really coz of me skinny arms I get frustrated with that... hehe just me running.

Anyways, I'm going to leave it till next week after bank holiday and see how I feel; and if it's still on my mind with worry I think I'll check with me GP just to put me mind at rest, coz I can be a worrier :p

An think I'll take your advice on the Evening Primrose Oil; thanx :)

Ah I'm a worrier too ;) I always try and solve the problem myself before going to my GP, as often it is easily solved. But make sure you go next week if it's still a bother. By all means try the Primrose Oil, even if it doesn't solve this problem, it's good for general well-woman health anyway :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Madgal99
    Just out of curiosity, do you check your breasts for lumps as well?

Yeah I do, everytime I'm in the shower. Me mam has me well trained. Cause she has it drilled in me head to check.
  • Options
    Dont worry i always get really sore breasts around the time of my period. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, you're best to check. Be surprised how many people don't bother. My mates for one; just look at me funny when I say I check all the time.

Well only a couple people in my family had cancer... though none of them had breast cancer so I don't think I'm that high at risk; but I still check just to be safe and all that. :)

Breasts still friggin sore by the way :(
    Though my sister is getting the Evening Primrose Oil for me. So thanx again for that tip :)
  • Options
    I think that's natural in the period time... you can always get a smaller cop...
  • Options
    Well I got measured today for the first time and I'm not impressed. I always thought I was 36C and the girl informed me I'm a 34DD - Feckin Hell.

Anyways... me breats are still sore. Was thinking... I always sleep on my stomach. Though lately I can't. Could that have anything to do with it as well?! :confused: