Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Thrush Cream

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know you can buy it over the counter now, can anyone tell me how much the canesten (sp?!) cream is please? Tar :)

Comments

• Options
    Personally I prefer to use Bio-Fem Actigel when I have any problems "down there", as it's much milder...although it's more of a cream for general vaginal health, so probably not what you're looking for right at this moment :) Anyway that's about £7, if I remember rightly, from Boots.

I'm not entirely sure about Canesten cream, although I know the "Feminine Wash" is £4.99. I imagine it's probably similarly priced to the Vagisil cream, which is £3.99 for the small tube.

Someone else might know exactly, but I'd guess it's probably around a fiver, should be too much more and maybe a little less.
  • Options
    I spent near a tenner, for a small tube and a tablet you take orally. Worked brilliantly.

Though you can buy them separartely which works out cheaper; depending how bad your thrush is.
  • Options
    Thing is im not sure wether its thrush, but atm its stinging so badly im willing to try anything.
  • Options
    Vaginal itching or burning are common symptoms
    Symptoms which you may experience if you develop thrush include:

* Vaginal discomfort - itching or burning
    * A thick white discharge with a 'cottage cheese' appearance
    * Redness or swelling of the vagina or vulva
    * Stinging or burning while urinating.

If ya got those... I'd suggest getting it sorted as soon as.
  • Options
    Re: Thrush Cream
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I know you can buy it over the counter now, can anyone tell me how much the canesten (sp?!) cream is please? Tar :)

£5.99 for 15g.

If you go to your doctor you will get it free coz you're under 18. :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    If ya got those... I'd suggest getting it sorted as soon as.

Aye, its that. I thought it was, ive had it before but not with the horrible burning and stinging just itchyness.
  • Options
    I think your best getting yourself to the Doctors if ya can and ask for a prescritption of the Oral tablet you take and the cream, so you're covered thorougly internal and external. As someone has said; No Point paying for it if ya can get it for free. :)
    And as you probably know; No Sex for a while, if you do currently have a sex life.
  • Options
    Ive had it for 2days or so now, so i might run to the chemist now cuz otherwise im gona be in pain all weekend. Ive worked out whats caused it though, im on anti-biotics, i always get it when im on them, stupid things.
  • Options
    Went to the chemist earlier, all sorted, well not quite yet, but soon :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by stressedstar
    i ended up with this "pessiary" thing- its a tablet you use a applicator for putting it, where it needs it if you catch my drift.

I had to use that before a couple years ago. The doctor had to warn me about that before I got the package; and as she explained it to me... I was a little confused/surprised thinking she must have made a mistake. Ah well, still done that job. :p

Edited To Say: Didn't know they still use those.
  • Options
    I got some antifungal cream off the gum clinic months ago which is till in date so I use that if I get symptoms!

I'm really annoyed as there is a cheap oral tablet ofetn adevrtised in womens mags and none of my chemists stock it-the same ingredients as caneston and diflucan but cheaper. Its very irratating (no pun intended!) as the others cost a bomb and the pessaries really make me feel freaky!

I got the tablet from boots for £10.50 but the cream I think was about £5 but I could have that mixed up with the pessary
  • Options
    I usually buy the boots own brand tablet as well.

I totally never check my antifungal cream for its use by date. Oops! I got mine free from the GUM clinic too.
  • Options
    I got the pessary and the cream and it cost me £9.99, gawd, would have been free from the doctor! lol.
  • Options
    lol I never check half the use by dates-found about 12 aspirin that were out of date aug 04-can't use them in time so gotta be chucked! grr!

Its a pain-the docs would be cheaper (i have to pay) but its thewhole having to get an appointment and go there-too inconvenient so I just pay-still least you cvan get boots points right?!
  • Options
    Yeah, that's the good thing about it :)