Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

18th birthday present for my sister

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by crazy_guy
    If you must get something go and get a money voucher from a underwear shop or from a ann summers or the equivlent there.

now THAT is finally a good idea! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by FLX
    now THAT is finally a good idea! ;)

:eek2: :no:
  • Options
    This post is a bit disturbing *shrugs* each to their own I suppose.
  • Options
    Re: 18th birthday present for my sister
    Originally posted by FLX
    Hi,

I'd be glad if anyone could give me some ideas for a (kinky?) bday present for my sister's 18th birthday in 2 weeks.
    I've already asked her if she's got anything in mind but she said that "I'd come up with something *wink*".

usually I go with vibrators or something alike for 18th birthdays (of course only with people I know they'd laugh about it :D) plus something more "usuful" (like a book/CD/DVD/ etc.).

the problem now is that I got my sister a vibrator for last christmas already... long story short: she wanted to shock my parents so she put it on her wishlist (teenage girls...) leaving them not shocked at all of course. so I decided to take matters in my own hands and got one for her :D now THAT was shock on christmas eve (and a good laugh for me *lol*)

anyways, she kindof made it clear that she didn't just want a usual present but something sexy... but what... or should I even go with that? I guess the joke-aspect would have gone since last christmas probably can't be topped.
    so what to do?
    just get her a "normal" present and hope her friends will come up with something better?

all i gotta say is DUDE!!:eek2:
  • Options
    *lol* you all don't seem to get along with your families... or at least you aren't as closeto them as to have fun/be silly with them at times.

to repeat myself again: it's just for funsies!!!

and I bet your parents had sex one or two times in their lives as well (even though for some of you this seems to be just a gross thought :D ), so why forcefully try to avoid this subject?

or is it THEM not trusting YOU with this issue?
  • Options
    My parents had sex obviously; but that's not something I wanna discuss, never mind buying sex toys for my family members.

I'm close with my family; any closer and it would be incest. That's just me like. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    My parents had sex obviously; but that's not something I wanna discuss

but why is that?
    (I mean one surely doesn't have to change the topic to sex at each conersation, but if the topic would come up then why avoid it?)
  • Options
    could you imagine your mother and father naked and your da going down on your ma and doing the bad thing, i really dont think you'd sit and think about it, would you? i admit my folks have definatly fucked but why would i want to sit around and talk about it :rolleyes: let alone think about it, its just immorally wrong :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by FLX
    but why is that?
    (I mean one surely doesn't have to change the topic to sex at each conersation, but if the topic would come up then why avoid it?)

Cause I don't want to know about my mum and dads' sex life :eek2: Imagine your mum sitting you down, giving you tips on how to please your girl when going down on her. Come on Boy; that's just wrong. :yuck:
  • Options
    you're not supposed to think about your parents dong it *lol*
    you should just acknowledge that they know "what sex is" as well as you do (maybe even better than you do).
    so it shouldn't be a taboo topic since they might be helpful in a way some day (yeah, I never believed that either but parents do help every now and then!!!)

[edit] and honestly, I think that most problems addressed on this message board could be solved just by being open and talking to your parents about it! [/edit]

[edit2] apart from sisters' bithday presents obviously :D [/edit2]
  • Options
    hey, it seems that this thread wen't off quite well! :D
    third page already!
  • Options
    And I thought the germans weren't funny, this made me chuckle so hard it hurt.

Anyway is this dead post?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Dude. Post. Dead. ©
  • Options
    Maybe their just a close brother and sister?
  • Options
    I agree with FLX, you should be able to talk openly about sex with parents/family members, and deffinately share a few sexual jokes, but no way should anyone think about there parents doing it... its just wrong, but of corse, all of our parents have done it. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by aimz
    If you want something to really get her going, you can buy these finger tips things which go on your three chosen fingers and they vibrate – they have a wire that connects to a box so you can control the amount of vibes per seconds on the finger tips. I’ve heard they are very pleasing. I haven’t got none myself but am planning too very soon.

Aimz, please refrain from telling us about what you're stuffing up yourself! I don't want to know what you do in the bedroom department! :yuck:

That said, you do sound like you could teach me a thing or two. :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    you bought your *sister* a vibrator?! :eek2:

Yea, I was thrown away by this as well, and not only that you gave it to her infront of your parents? I couldnt in anyway purchase anything for my family sexual, however I am from a family of all boys, so maybe it is different with girls, however I still cant get over you giving it to her infront of your parents. Just seems a little odd to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Dude. Post. Dead. ©

Surely it's still dead...
  • Options
    This thread appears to have come back from the dead.
  • Options
    hahahaha this has to be the most amusing thing ive seen all day, but disturbing all the same.
  • Options
    *lol*
    seems that this thread actually did rise from the ashes.

but to clarify things (yet again):

it was meant to be funny and it definately was (the xmas-vibrator-thing)!
    and my sister put it on her christmas wish list... as a joke... and my parents found it funny... even when I took the joke to another level :D

it was NEVER meant to be a SERIOUS present and so shouldn't the 18th bday gift be (which was an ordinary, totally non-sexy wristwatch in the end *lol*).

okay... so now here's a question for you people:
    how do you think your parents would have reacted upon witnessing you giving your sis/brother a vibrator for christmas?
  • Options
    here's a funny link by the way:
    Awkward Times With Parents
  • Options
    Originally posted by FLX
    *lol*
    seems that this thread actually did rise from the ashes.

but to clarify things (yet again):

it was meant to be funny and it definately was (the xmas-vibrator-thing)!
    and my sister put it on her christmas wish list... as a joke... and my parents found it funny... even when I took the joke to another level :D

it was NEVER meant to be a SERIOUS present and so shouldn't the 18th bday gift be (which was an ordinary, totally non-sexy wristwatch in the end *lol*).

okay... so now here's a question for you people:
    how do you think your parents would have reacted upon witnessing you giving your sis/brother a vibrator for christmas?
    hmmm I really cant see me giving my brother a dildo..... :rolleyes: