Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

yuck...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have crap body image, most probably because i am ugly but probably also due to much bullying over the years about me not being perfect size 8. i'm a size 12, 34 D, 5ft 1, just over 9 st and look possibly like a female version of mortis in my opinon (mortis is a church burning norwigan death metaling gnome that lives in a cave, in norway....:( ) i have very large cranial bumps, i'm fat, i'm short, and fuck ugly. i hate how i look. i cannot lose weight if i try, if i don't then i do, with ease, but then i lose too much, the same with putting it on. my weight fluctuates so much. people consistantly tell me that i'm fat and ugly, i get teased about being fat all the time. i look at some girls when i go out, and they look fantastic, in their corsets and ruffled skirts, and tarten stuff, and PVC. i look shit no matter what i wear. is there anything a part from plastic surgery to make me look better? i doubt it, but anyone got some words of wisdom? and no, not wearing black is not an option. look very bad in colour. if it's not green, purple, blue, or red.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: yuck...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    is there anything a part from plastic surgery to make me look better?

Yeah there is. If you start thinking about who you are in a different way. Thinking and saying your fat and ugly is just going to make you feel worse about yourself and reinforce those belifes. You have to change your mind set, and there are a lot of things you can do to do this. One way is through affirmations. (look it up on the net) I know people who have used this method and it has worked wanders.

Remember you are as good looking as you think you are.
    God, you have some serious issues. Have you considered the local equilalent of Cherry Knowles?
    Plastic surgery will not change how you feel from the inside - you'll only look different.

You don't sound fat, I'm 5'3" and 9 stone and certainly not fat!
    i think liking yourself is something you grow into.

i despised myself until i was about 20. then i moved into a 'well, i'm not hideous, but i'm not great' phase. right now i'm at the 'could be worse' stage.

sooner or later you realise this is the way it's gonna be for the rest of your life. so you make the best of it.
    confidence is attractive.
    ive had plenty of friends who are what one might call 'overweight' or what have you, but they are happy with who they are and what they look like despite the so-called 'perfect girl' image being thrown in their face by the media. this makes me love them the whole lot more.
    if you think a size 8 is 'perfect', then you need to think again. nobody is perfect no matter what body shape or size they are. no matter how they dress or how they act. what colour hair they have or what facial features they have inherited.
    if you learn to like who you are and what you look like, then you will get a whole lot further than if you befriend a book of atkins, buy a whole new wardrobe or even go under the knife.

fact: when i was younger i used to get bullied at school for being an ugly little fecker & that made me believe i was one. i was a little chubby back then, but i wasn't obese. i wasn't a beauty queen, but i wasn't a complete minger either.
    what i had that i liked about me, i learnt to accentuate with makeup or the way i dressed. i didn't change who i was or what i looked like completely, but the little changes are what made me feel better about myself. a little pampering never did any harm.

& this sounds really big-headed of me, but i get a lot of male-attention these days, much more than i did back then & i have no doubt that it's partly because i have no problem with the way i look [well, er, most of the time, anyway], & confidence IS like, i say, attractive.

it sounds like you bully yourself more than anyone else does.
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    was a little chubby back then, but i wasn't obese. i wasn't a beauty queen, but i wasn't a complete minger either.
    & this sounds really big-headed of me, but i get a lot of male-attention these days, much more than i did back then
    that sounds just like me. i think school really is a case of the ugly duckling. i see the girls who were supposedly gorgeous in school and are really nothing special now.

luby you'll grow into your body and face as you get older anyway. but the only thing you can do now is accept who you are. don't let yourself suffer and be unhappy. you get one body and one life and you have to make the most of it. pamper yourself and have fun buying new makep and clothes. i went for a consultation with MAC makeup a couple of weeks ago and i looked like a doll by the end of it but i learnt alot about how to do my makeup and what colours to use. some shops have personal stylists too who could help you chose an outfit.

you really need to work on having a positive body image and boosting your confidence. i know its easier said than done but confidence brings happiness and thats why its so important to have.
    The others are right. Confidence is where it's at. I'm being hypocritical by saying this, but you need to learn to like yourself. A size 16 person who makes an effort then goes out smiling and looking happy is generally a hell of a lot more attractive than a size 6 who is insecure, uptight and constantly looking terrified of what people think of them.

You're too young to want to lose weight to change your shape, you need to finish growing and changing, let yourself develop then see what you have to work with. I'm around a stone and a half lighter than I was this time last year. I feel no better about myself than I did then, infact I feel considerably worse. It makes no difference what you look like if you have no confidence because you won't like yourself if you are thinner or prettier. You have to try to like yourself the way you are. Like Lexxie* says, pick out the parts of yourself you you like the most (or maybe hate the least) and accentuate them.

Something to make you look better? A smile. Show people you're on top of the world even when you feel like shite. If you look happy and confident you appear a lot more attractive.
    Re: yuck...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    and look possibly like a female version of mortis in my opinon (mortis is a church burning norwigan death metaling gnome that lives in a cave, in norway

:lol: sorry, just had to laugh at that, how do you look like mortis? he's ugly you're not.

every time i feel ugly i just think there are millions out there who are far worse than me, most people here might have a few imperfections but no one is hideuous.
    if u ever feel ugly/feel sorry for yourself

think about people who have been dis-figured in horrible accidents
    phone.jpg

You're probably better looking than that. Could be worse? :cool:
    Hi! there is always a way... I've felt like that too... I mean.. it's hard to you to know you're not fat, but your mom and your grandma insist you are :confuses: then i started to loose weight (not on a diet) and now they're worried :confused: strange... well my advice, if you want to loose weight is SPORTS "my" sport is kick-boxing, it's wonderfull when you feel you've too muck energy, + you'll loose weight...

If you don't like the rest... well, sorry, but nobody can help you... you are the one who have to luv yourself, before others do... btw, others must like you the way you are inside, not the way you look like... try some different kind of clothes... maybe it will help you to find your own style... good luck!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Twisted, it may be the last thing you want to think about but exercise will help you feel better about yourself, all those endorphins make a difference to the way you feel. And you feel like you are actually doing something about the way you look, which may makes you feel better too.
    IMO, you don't have anything to worry about my dear, but I know that doesn't make any difference to the way you feel about yourself.
    Why not try something like kickboxing, tai chi, chi gong, yoga, caipoera (sp!).... lots of these are done through community centres in the UK, I imagine something similar would happen in Spain.... and once you have gone regularly to classes for a bit, you can practice at home so it isn't so much hassle. Even just a walk makes a difference to how you feel, try it and see!
    i think lexxie is right, just accentuate the bits you like about yourself. i used to get teased all the time cos, in short a size 6 was too big for me, and boobs was a word i knew not the meaning of, but i used to just wear like plain on the top then something to show off me legs or something of the sort.

and the thing about the size 8 girls being perfect, it's really not true at all, i take that at the moment but there's still bits of me i hate and wish were different.

my advice would be to find a style that suits you and stick with it, at least the core of it, even if it's something like jeans and a t-shirt then you can dress it up or dress it down.

and you're lucky to only be 5'1! at least it means you can wear heels! i have to wear flats all the time cos otherwise i am like the jolly green giant :(

but yeah, chin up.
    Well I saw a pic of you in another topic and you didn't seem fat/ugly or anything you say here :confused: realy... you should see some girlshere who actualy think themselves as beauties... you would be scared! :x
    i think you guys have already said everything in my mind,lol! Im a size 16/18 and hate the fact i have blobby bits, but then again i have huge knockers and by showing them off the bits i dnt like disappear[well, sort of].
    anyways, confidence is the key - learn to love yourself and what you have;)
    see I always thought bigger boobs would cure my insecurities-now I'm slightly heavier than before ( hovering 9 1/2-10 stone) but my boobs are slightly more full-not even a cup change but enough to make me realise that fixating on something isn't my answer-its getting the confidnece to wear whatever suits me and wear it well. I of course hate my wobbly belly but in the grand scheme of things as long as I don't get overweight I'm happy enough with my body- I know I'm never gonna be giselle-well I'm jo not giselle!

Try the pampering youself as suggested earlier-get some funly accesssories too-sometimes just wearin my sexy fetish heels makes me feel so sexy and good that even if my belly wibbled more than ever before I wouldn't care!
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i think liking yourself is something you grow into.

i despised myself until i was about 20. then i moved into a 'well, i'm not hideous, but i'm not great' phase. right now i'm at the 'could be worse' stage.

sooner or later you realise this is the way it's gonna be for the rest of your life. so you make the best of it.

This is true enough.