Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cause for consern

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know i worry about my friends too much, but this time i think i have cause for consern.

my mate has been taking MDMA for about 2 months or so now. And she has turned into a total space cadet. she seriously flunked her GCSEs and has dropped out of school (why do all of my friends do that?). after breaking up with her last boyfriend, who is also a very good friend of mine, she has had a string of flings, which arn't doing her any good. another thing thats scared me a little, it that she was pretending to trip out. i spose this was to try and make her look like a "hardcore" drug user, but to be honest, i know she isn't and she isn't gonna be able to cope. I know she's under a lot of stress at the moment, but what she's doing is scareing me. Right now, she's got me, and a few others to keep an eye on her. But sometime we arn't gonna be there, and she's gonna fall. I know it's her way of attention seeking, but what do i do to help her? she's smoking loads, drinking anything she can get her hands on, and i'm worried.

(sorry mod's if this should be in relationships rather than drugs, please move it if you see fit)

Comments

• Options
    As with some of your friends before you can't do anything until they want to stop.

How often are they using mdma and how do you know it's mdma, is it pure powder or just pills because if it's pills there is probably something else in with the mdma so it's not only mdma your friend is using.

That's what happens alot of people with drugs, they take alot, get too lazy and don't do anything and end up freaked out.
  • Options
    Whats MDMA got to do with it? unless she's been taking it for years nearly every day there should be nothing wrong with her head, like i took over 30 pills during my study break, still did well in my AS's, it's her fault for flunking and being such a stupid person, if she was a true friend she'd take your advice and concern and stop what she's doing, though i know its hard when you get into a cycle of drink and drugs, try telling her to cut down.
  • Options
    i took over 30 pills during my study break, still did well in my AS's, it's her fault for flunking and being such a stupid person

Turlough; mate comparing yourself to other people you have never met in relation to the effects of drug consumption are pointless and misleading.

If you can take 30 pills in a study break and (ostensibly at least) function then thats yourself, but just because you can does not mean the next guy (or in this case girl) is going to be able to do this.

Each person's brain chemistry is unique and therefore there will always be variation in reaction and tolerance.

Oh and by the way mate, a freind of mine used to munch bags (70+) of them (pills) weekly (alot of people on this board probably know people with similar consumption patterns) + everything else and seemed to be 'ok.'

2 weeks ago i heard he's in a residential psychiatric ward, for a condition directly related to drug use. At 19.

twisted_trinity; you shouldnt apologise for showing concern for a freind, shes lucky to have someone so concerned for her welfare.

To be honest i'd say education is the right way to go, as with anything information and guidance is probably going to make a difference.

Does she know this board? If not why not just mention that there is a place for her to get drug related info and guidance (dont like force her or anything, not that i think you will) but
    it might give her something to think about when she begins to question her behaviour and needs some support.

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    Turlough; mate comparing yourself to other people you have never met in relation to the effects of drug consumption are pointless and misleading.

If you can take 30 pills in a study break and (ostensibly at least) function then thats yourself, but just because you can does not mean the next guy (or in this case girl) is going to be able to do this.

Each person's brain chemistry is unique and therefore there will always be variation in reaction and tolerance.

Oh and by the way mate, a freind of mine used to munch bags (70+) of them (pills) weekly (alot of people on this board probably know people with similar consumption patterns) + everything else and seemed to be 'ok.'

2 weeks ago i heard he's in a residential psychiatric ward, for a condition directly related to drug use. At 19.

point taken, sorry lubs
  • Options
    point taken

Fair play:)

to be honest im glad i did pills at 16 but i sometimes wish i'd had time to work a bit more of the wider world out before i got mixed up in it.

Doing pills is a 5 days a week job sometimes:(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    to be honest im glad i did pills at 16 but i sometimes wish i'd had time to work a bit more of the wider world out before i got mixed up in it.

I've done pills since I was at school but really started binging when I went to Barton Peverill College. I skived off so much it got me kicked out at the end of two years. I had to sort myself out and retake my A levels at Totton - which was shite. :(

Drugs definately affect school or college work.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i did three years at college for no other reason than drugs.

and turlough; you got thru your A's on your level of consumption, which is very comendable and im pleased for ya man. the only thing i would say is if you are able to pull off something like that, you may (or may not) have gained even better results by reducing or cutting out your consumption during academic periods of the year:confused:;)
  • Options
    the only thing i would say is if you are able to pull off something like that, you may (or may not) have gained even better results by reducing or cutting out your consumption during academic periods of the year:confused:;)

was sorta thinking that myself, ah well as long as i passed