Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Chumpions League

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Arsenal and Man Utd have got easy draws. Celtic really haven't, and I hope Chelsea get knocked out of their group. It's perfectly possible.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i really did smile when i saw celtic's group. hope they dont even get one point.

also have this strange desire to see liverpool crash and burn for some reason. and i dont mean 3rd place, and a consolatory UEFA cup place either, cos that stipulation is a bag of wank.

but yeah you could see the general layout of the draw a mile off.
  • Options
    Liverpool and celtic tricky enough, United arsenal and chelsea not to bad. cant see porto been the same force.

I reckon maybe Juventus to win it this year, what does veryone reckon/And what outsiders do you think have a good chance?
  • Options
    It's Real Madrid's turn this year.

Besides, we have now an impenetrable defense thanks to our latest signing the Asian-basher don't we?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly
    i really did smile when i saw celtic's group. hope they dont even get one point.

You don't like R*****s do you? :mad:
  • Options
    no, do i 'eckers like rangers, theyre shite. i just dislike celtic and this whole "martin o'neill is the best manager in the history of ever." you may as well call them premiership rejects FC.

ETA: anyone know the odds on larsson scoring against celtic home and away? not a betting man but may have a flutter on that :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly
    i just dislike celtic and this whole "martin o'neill is the best manager in the history of ever."

That's just hype, it doesn't come out of Glasgow.

He is a very very good manager, but until he does it at a Premiershit club it's hard to judge.
  • Options
    God, I spent four days away from Liverpool last night with the sole intention of seeing Rangers take a glorious win at Ibrox, and we were completely shite. I'd love to say we were unlucky, but we were clearly outclassed.

Now we're £70m in the red, and I can't even see us progressing beyond the group stage of the UEFA cup. We have no squad depth (Andrews as a centre forward?!) and nobody of any quality would be attracted now.

Oh well there's always the domestic titles to win...
  • Options
    booked up to go with my celtic mate to go to barcelona should be good:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    It's Real Madrid's turn this year.

Besides, we have now an impenetrable defense thanks to our latest signing the Asian-basher don't we?

:rolleyes:
    Why are some people so adamant that woodgate is shit, he is a class act and will add a lot to the shite defence at Real Madrid. He is a very good signing, slightly expensive considering his injuries but still an excellent signing.

I would like to see Arsenal show there domestic form in Europe, I really love watching the football they play and would like to see them win the Champs League although they haven't done anything to really prove they can. Maybe last year was Arsenal's best chance to just get the hype of winning the Champs League out of the way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Why are some people so adamant that woodgate is shit, he is a class act and will add a lot to the shite defence at Real Madrid. He is a very good signing, slightly expensive considering his injuries but still an excellent signing.
    I wouldn't deny he's a quality player. My dissapointment in his signing for Madrid has more to do with what the chap gets to kick when he's not kicking a football. Nasty piece of work IMO.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I wouldn't deny he's a quality player. My dissapointment in his signing for Madrid has more to do with what the chap gets to kick when he's not kicking a football. Nasty piece of work IMO.
    WTF, trying not to sound funny but you must have led a slightly sheltered life. What happened with Woodgate and Bowyer happens week in, week out in Leeds city centre and i've seen from them cop shows on tv it happens everywhere, drunken fighting is everywhere in this country. Just because he is a professional footballer doesn't make it a worse offence imo, but it has being made out that way because of his status with a premiership club. He didn't get found guilty of assault or being a racist, your worse than TheSun and that isn't good :)

End of the day he should be judged on what he does on the pitch and there is no question he is a class act. Leave private issues to the scummy newspapers to bullshit about.
  • Options
    Well to me there are thresholds that should not be crossed. It's all a matter of personal opinion naturally, but if I were a club chairman I would not want to have such player in my ranks. I don't particularly care what a player might do in his private life, but some things I wouldn't put up with.
  • Options
    It is obviously personal opinion, I just believe that the majority of people in England will have being involved in some kind of fight at some point in there life. This doesn't mean it is right but footballers are just standard human beings like the rest of us. It would take a very narrow minded chairman to not buy the class of Woodgate just because of 1 little mess he got himself into IMO.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    WTF, trying not to sound funny but you must have led a slightly sheltered life. What happened with Woodgate and Bowyer happens week in, week out in Leeds city centre and i've seen from them cop shows on tv it happens everywhere, drunken fighting is everywhere in this country. Just because he is a professional footballer doesn't make it a worse offence imo, but it has being made out that way because of his status with a premiership club. He didn't get found guilty of assault or being a racist, your worse than TheSun and that isn't good :)

Erm, regardless or not of whether he was found guilty, just because people other than high-profile footballers are racist and scrap in the streets, doesn't mean it's perfectly acceptable behaviour. Also, whether he likes it or not, he's both somewhat of a rolemodel (rightly or wrongly) and also under heightened public scrutiny, so he should be wise enough not to be involved in (or around, as like you said, he wasn't found guilty) these affrays. My opinion of Woodgate would be a bad one, racist or no...he's not the worst player around, but I do think he's fairly overrated. Ah, I'm just stuck in my ways ;)

I'd like to see Juve win, although I wouldn't bet on it. Also hope Chelsea get knocked out, as Kermit said it's possible, and it would please me greatly :p

ETA: Did anyone else read about this investigation into the links between CSKA and Chelsea...I think I'm just growing suspicious because I want to, I have to admit I didn't really know much about all the legalities of club interest and "intergrity of ownership", as they put it. Interesting.
  • Options
    Aladdin, whilst I would kind of agree with you, the man who was beaten up by Woodgate and his friends was asking for it. He was yet another kid with a gob who wanted a fight with a footballer- and he got one. He did, really, deserve it.
  • Options
    There might have been just a fight and the man might "just happened" to be Asian Kermit. I believe that wasn't the case though...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Kermit
    He is a very very good manager, but until he does it at a Premiershit club it's hard to judge.

he has done it at a premiership club. he did it a few years ago when leicester were in the premier and were actually very good, finished extremely high in the league and won the league(?) cup (one of them anyway). it was only when he left that leicester actually started to slide.

where can i find a list of the draw? i know who celtic have but am interested in the other teams :)
  • Options
    you can find the complete list at the UEFA site, wich is - www.uefa.com