Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone know bout BDD?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey...just wondering if anyone knew a good site for BDD - Body Dysmorphic Disorder, or if any sufferers are here. I'm not sure if I have it, but I've been depressed for a while and the symptoms match (obsessive about looks, self-harm, paranoia, extreme lack of self-confidence etc) Sometimes I can't go to the shop or to the pub because I feel so fat and ugly...or sometimes I feel too thin, or sometimes I feel too tall or my hair is wrong. It takes over my head till I can't think of anything else. My boyfriend comes close to tears when I try talk to him - he says I'm beautiful. But he would, wouldn't he? My arms are covered in scars and I hardly eat. I'm making myself so ill, but all the doctor did was put me on prozac, and because I don't eat it just made me drowsy. I'm having loads of tests at the hospital to find out why I'm ill, but I know I'm anorexic or something. I'm frightened they'll throw me in a loony bin or chuck me out of uni. Sorry this message is so long, but I really need to talk to someone who feels the same way as I do, so I don't have to explain myself the whole time. Argh!
Kat X

Comments