Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Nervous

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm leaving for reading today and I'm really scared. I've never been away with out my parents before and I'm nervous about it. I've got so much stuff that I need and cos I dont have a big bag I have to use a couple. In total I have 3 bags. One full of food, one for my clothes mixed with morecamping stuff like gas and plates and stuff like that. And one for the lil gas cooker thing and kettle. I know I need all this stuff, and I'm going up by car so I dont have to worry about taking them on the train but I'm scared that I wont be able to carry it all to the camp site and the people I'm going with will get pissed off at me.

God I sound so stupid. lol. Ive never been so nervous about going away before.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dude, there's some stuff on the main site about festivals, maybe that'll help?
  • Options
    Just chill i'm sure you will be fine. Can you not get a cheap big bag form argos or somewhere?
  • Options
    Aww your be fine, this is my first festival and i leave tomorrow, i'm so excited :hyper:
  • Options
    festivals

hi
    Don't worry you'll have an amazing time. This is the link to thesite's festival guide that fiend_85 was talking about. Don't forget to take bin bags to sit on if it rains!

packing list
  • Options
    I dont have time to get a bigger bag or any more money sept for £50 for when i'm there. I dont even know if thats going ot be enough. I know I dont need to buy food. and I dont plan on buying any when I'm there. But I dont know what there is to buy or anything. Its so confusing. I dont know anyone personally whos ever been so I've not had a low down or anything. Ive no idea what to expect. Oh yea and I have a crate of beer to carry an all. Tho I could probably get one of the boys to carry that if I give them one or too. lol.
  • Options
    Re: festivals
    Originally posted by Luci

packing list

Hehe it doesnt say food on that list
  • Options
    Portable hair drier - Why are you at a festival, go home.

heh i like that.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My claim to fame

Don't worry Zella. Just think of the bands and the beer!
  • Options
    You will be fine - the main thing is to get there early and steak out a good place to camp - if there are loads of you going then you all need to make sure you meet up and camp together.

The best place to camp is buy some kind of obvious land mark so you remember how to get back to your tent in the middle of the night after you have drunk all that beer!!

Could you not do several trips to and from your car so you dont' have to carry it all at once or are you just getting dropped of. If you can't carry it all at once then you might have to flutter your eye lids a little or get one person to stay with the bags whilst the others ferry it backwards and forwards.

Its fine to feel nervos before you go but the minuite you get there you will be faaaarrrrrrr to excited to tworry about anything - i am envious of you all

Sxsxxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    My claim to fame

Don't worry Zella. Just think of the bands and the beer!

:yes:
  • Options
    i've just done a 5 week tour of england, all orgaised by me, you will be totally fine! trust me, i've traveled too much! but bin liners are a very good idea to take.
  • Options
    you'll be grand, wouldnt fuss over something so minor, although looking at the weather, a tractor might be handy to get through the mud ;)