Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

windows media player 10 beta version.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone downloaded it yet from microsoft and if so have you had any problems?
i'm tempted ...

Comments

• Options
    im downloading and installing it now, ill let you know how i get on
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    im downloading and installing it now, ill let you know how i get on
    great stuff ...please do.
  • Options
    I downloaded the beta version but never installed it, instead i deleted it.

Would be interested myself to hear how it is also :)
  • Options
    Windows Media Player is a pile of shit. I use this , Media Player Classic (MPC)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Windows Media Player is a pile of shit. I use this , Media Player Classic (MPC)
    will it work on xp pro ...and whats so great about it?
    like what does it do that the other don't?
  • Options
    wmp10.JPG

seems the same as WMP9, except it's alot chunkier, a thing which I detest, and It still doesn't play movies in their correct aspect ratio alot of the time, and is just generally jank.

I prefer using "BSPlayer" from the Kazaalite codec pack for movies, and Winamp for mp3's

Also, fuck knows what the rectangular red squared image is in the corner.. it's damn annoying though!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    will it work on xp pro ...and whats so great about it?
    like what does it do that the other don't?

It's tiny & don't hog system resources & it works on XP.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    It's tiny & don't hog system resources & it works on XP.
    felix ...in simple terms please ...why is it hogging resources?
    seems to work fast and efficient. whenever i'm on this site it is playing random tracks from my collection without slowing anything down.
    are you sure these are not just personal prefferences as i'd take some convincing that anything would improve were i to change.
  • Options
    all i want to know is whether or not it has the feature to uninstall, MP9 didnt and if didnt work, your left with a piece of shit on your hard disk.
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    all i want to know is whether or not it has the feature to uninstall, MP9 didnt and if didnt work, your left with a piece of shit on your hard disk.
    i think there is a similar problem.
    i couldn't be bothered at the time to read it all but there were hints of a proble i think.
  • Options
    its all fine and dandy when you install software but when you need to/ feel you want to uninstall software a uninstall feature would be handy. microsoft = wankers :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    its all fine and dandy when you install software but when you need to/ feel you want to uninstall software a uninstall feature would be handy. microsoft = wankers :rolleyes:

I uninstalled IE cos it was infected with a virus which I couldn't clean, biggg mistake. I can't reinstall it now, and it's still on the computer, it just doesn't work :confused:
  • Options
    i hate the way they clutter up these simple proggys with such utter shit... i just want it to play music/video files (and i don't even use media player for those!).

bloated crapware if you ask me.
  • Options
    It really really really sucks... It began to fuck up all the media files I played from the internet. And it's really just the same as 9... stick to 9 or download music jukebox to play music files... that's pretty good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chriss-kun
    It really really really sucks... It began to fuck up all the media files I played from the internet. And it's really just the same as 9...
    that'll do ,mee, iaint going to bother now.
    i'll wait till it's released officialy ...which means it will have easierly solved problems ...why is it so fucking difficult to get ot right\\\\\?