Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Tattoos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who has tattoos what are they and did they hurt its just i want to get one but i dont know what to get

Comments

• Options
    This should be in fashion.

If you don't know what you want then you aren't ready to get one. Don't try and argue, every single person I know who has had one without being 110% sure has regretted it loads.

T'missus has a bumblebee on the small of her back. for the record.
  • Options
    I've waited 8 years to be sure, and I'm still not 500%, so I'll wait for my mate to get back to me with the most likely design.

If you don't know, it can wait, cos it fucking canes getting them off.
  • Options
    I want a really lil one of these just next to my pubes on the left side.
  • Options
    A popular choice, Zella, i.e. overdone:p

But if you take your time to think about it you will be fine.
  • Options
    Personally, i think a tatoo should have proper meaning. The one I want has loads of visual imagery and personal meaning for me. And also looks fucking cool
  • Options
    i'm gonna get a heart with an arrow through it with mom at the top and dad at the bottom.
  • Options
    Tattoos aren't painful, but they do hurt.. if ya get me. Depends on your threshold. I got a gecko... contemplating getting some ivy done around my arm.
  • Options
    I have a tattoo on me lower back of a pentacle and a dolphin going through it.
    Had it when I was 16 and yes it did hurt.
    Anyone, who says it didn't, either got a really tiny one, like size of a 5p - or are liars.

Was goign to get another one on me hip of a tiny one; of a ladybird with a black heart on it. But have no worked up the courage; as I think another would be too much.

Xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Ive had 5 tattoo's done and i don't think they hurt at all. So im a liar am i?

You said it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    A popular choice, Zella, i.e. overdone:p

But if you take your time to think about it you will be fine.

Well Ive not seen anyone with it so round here its not:p And also it wil be in a place where no one can see, unless I want them to see it.

It has slight meaning to me. There isnt anything in my life that earns a tat. I had a dream about this tattoo and have loved it ever since. I'll wait a few more months before I get it though, just to make sure I still like it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    You said it :p

Grrrrrrrrrrrr You stop it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr You stop it!

Stop what?
  • Options
    Whats it mean?
  • Options
    Whats it mean?

You tell me to stop it?
    I'm asking, what have I to stop?
    Posting, coz ya don't like me answers?
    Fuck Sake... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I can't wait to get my one done. I'm gonna get a lyric from a song done in a spiral band around my arm just below my elbow, in script writing.
  • Options
    You tell me to stop it?

To be fair, just because it didn't hurt her doesn't make her a liar. You did get your tattoo in what's supposed to be the most painful place. Some people have high pain thresholds as well.
  • Options
    Stop what?

Shit stiring. You always seem to do this. Its just getting on my tits now.
  • Options
    Shit stiring. You always seem to do this. Its just getting on my tits now.

How the fuck, am I shit stiring?
    Need to lighten up wee girl.
  • Options
    You tell me to stop it?

I wasnt talking to you. It was for rachie004 I just didnt qoute it.
    Dont "fucks sake :rolleyes:" at me. No need to be bitchy now is there.
  • Options
    I wasnt talking to you. It was for rachie004 I just didnt qoute it.
    Dont "fucks sake :rolleyes:" at me. No need to be bitchy now is there.

You quoted me a few times, yet you weren't talking to me?
    I thought you said, I was shit stiring, so I ask ya?!

God I'm confused now...
  • Options
    How the fuck, am I shit stiring?
    Need to lighten up wee girl.

Wee girl! Oh please:lol: dont patronise me.
    Every thread I seem to see you in these days you are starting something or on someone. Its pissing me off. You always have to argue with someone, weather it be about pain thresh holds or sarcasm you always have to get on your high horse and tell people they are in the wrong.

Ive said my bit now. I havent insulted you. I'm just stating my opinion. Feel free to state yours.
  • Options
    You quoted me a few times, yet you weren't talking to me?
    I thought you said, I was shit stiring, so I ask ya?!

God I'm confused now...

I quoted you once before you went off on one. Then after you posted rachie posted a pic of the tat she wanted and I was asking her what it ment not knowing that you were posting at the same time as me. I do apoligise.
  • Options
    I've no intention of getting a tattoo because I know my taut young flesh aint gonna last forever... but if we're talking hypothetically, I'd probably get 3 slash marks (by claws) across one of my pecs.

I don't know if it'd be impossible to get the 3D effect of the flesh below, but I think it'd look pretty cool and I've never seen it before.
  • Options
    Wee girl! Oh please:lol: dont patronise me.
    Every thread I seem to see you in these days you are starting something or on someone. Its pissing me off. You always have to argue with someone, weather it be about pain thresh holds or sarcasm you always have to get on your high horse and tell people they are in the wrong.

Ive said my bit now. I havent insulted you. I'm just stating my opinion. Feel free to state yours.

I haven't argued with 'EVERYONE' on this board - unless you're thinking of the Harrassment thread.

I didn't argue with anyone - YOU are the one, starting one ME.

I never took into account want, that other girl said; she asked me if I called her a liar, I joked with her, saying 'hey you said it' I even made this smiley ':p;

Now stop jumping down my throat!

Edited to Say - 3,4 times ya quoted me. How else am I suppose to take it.
  • Options
    I haven't argued with 'EVERYONE' on this board - unless you're thinking of the Harrassment thread.

I didn't argue with anyone - YOU are the one, starting one ME.

I never took into account want, that other girl said; she asked me if I called her a liar, I joked with her, saying 'hey you said it' I even made this smiley ':p;

Now stop jumping down my throat!

Edited to Say - 3,4 times ya quoted me. How else am I suppose to take it.

I never said everyone did I? And I wasnt just talking about that thread, I have seen you go off on ones in other ones too.

You calling her a liar, weather you ment it as a joke just pissed me off and reminded me of the other threads. Where if I remember correctly, you had a go at someone who told a joke.

I'm not jumping anywhere, I certainly dont want to be down your throat.

I quoted you ONCE before this all started. I quoted you saying "you said it:p"
  • Options
    I never said everyone did I? And I wasnt just talking about that thread, I have seen you go off on ones in other ones too.

You calling her a liar, weather you ment it as a joke just pissed me off and reminded me of the other threads. Where if I remember correctly, you had a go at someone who told a joke.

I'm not jumping anywhere, I certainly dont want to be down your throat.

I quoted you ONCE before this all started. I quoted you saying "you said it:p"

I didn't realise getting a tattoo, is a sensitive matter??!
    Once is enough to poke your nose in, when I mean't no harm which was pretty obvious when I did the ':p'.
    I debate with people, I don't go telling people to shut up (with the exception of kermit, but he knew I was just teasing him...hehe) -
  • Options
    Hazel Godfrey! Samantha Hill! Come over here and sit down right now, now theres no way this is just about tatoo's, obviously ur fighting over me, and thats fine, thats healthy, but its getting out of hand we need to sort this out, talk to each other about me moaning about catherine or something, but find a common ground, and then kiss and make up as i take photos.
  • Options
    Ok, i have three tattoos (or five, depending on how you look at it). My first one was a flower on my back, to the left of my spine, over my kidney. That hurt a lot, and i got it done when i was 16.

My second was a fairy, and that's on the back of my hip on the right hand side. That also hurt a lot, and i had that one done when i was 16 and a half.

The third, fourth and fifth are a heart, star and flower outline on my side, on the curve of my hip (if you see what i mean), and i had that one done in june, at 19. That also hurt a lot.

Tattoos hurt. Also, if you aren't 110% certain about them, really don't have one done. They're quite permanent. Mine have personal meaning for me, and i drew one of them myself. And i got them done in places that can be hidden and those which don't stretch/collect fat/get too saggy, so hopefully they'll look ok when i'm older too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    Tattoos hurt.

yes, yes they do. i've heard they hurt less on fleshy areas, but i'm bony, and it hurt like hell. but i'm tough, and i can take it :p
  • Options
    Heres mine... placed in order... shoulder, shoulder, under navel and ancle.

None of mine really hurt, just tingled for a bit then went numb. Except the clover one, when they got close to my navel it kind of stung.