Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

at a loss...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive no idea what to do!
im currently working as a fashion designer. good job i hear you say.. but not in this company. this job doesnt pay as much as it probably should, its a long way to go to get here and im just bored of the work mentally.
i want a change of career but ive no idea what i want to do. i want an actual career - something that is going somewhere, that has has chances for pay rises, promotions etc..not just a job.
Although i do have job security here its just not what i want to do anymore.
I'd quite like to go to college (i didnt, went straight into work at 16) but as ive just turned 20 it seems that all the doors are closed. theres not nearly as many courses to choose from and its adult learning, not normal college.
not sure what im asking really. erm...hmm....

Comments

• Options
    Thought you could attend College/Uni at any age... a lot of uni's welcome 'mature students, although you're not one of those until you reach 21. 20's not too old at all. Go for it!
  • Options
    Yea 20 aint old...many of the people at my college were 19/20... i even had a pensioner in my sociology class!! :eek:
    College is open to all, especially univerisity's who look at your work experience rather than qualifications. Nothings stopping you!

Go for it! dont regret not doing it
  • Options
    Hiya
    Choosing a career is one of the biggest decisions in life so don't rush into it. Why not do some volunteering in other companies and organisations to get an idea of what you might like?
    Try looking at do-it.org.uk - our sister site with heaps of volunteering opportunities on it.
    Also, this feature will help you think about what you like and enjoy and has some useful contacts at the end.

Good luck!
    :)
  • Options
    well, the wheels are in motion!
    i've resigned from my job this afternoon and signed up to do a btec national diploma for it practitioners (which is the equivalent to 3 'a' levels) :D
    wish me luck!
  • Options
    Well done, that's great! :D