Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Your heart or head?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Which do you think is best when deciding what course or uni to go to. They usually say that when you listen to your heart you dont make money at the end of it. But if you listen to your head and go for a course that will get you money (like medicine) then you will make money.

I personally diagree, at the end I followed my heart and I was fortunate enough to get an unconditional offer at the London College of Fashion. I just felt a massive urge to do it. It got to the point where I didnt care about risk and let my passion shine through and I guess thats why I got in unconditionally.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, I reckon heart too. I followed my head, and had to drop out. Wish I had had picked something really interesting and then I would be doing something worthwhile now instead of back at square one :yes:
    Ye if youve an intersted in the subjext thats half the battle,
    Extra money can only motivate you do to do so much.

If your heart really is in it- you should look at all the good and bad points. Leave it come back to it in a week or two and if you still feel the same go for it. Same about women clothes etc: I find.
    that way you follow your heart but its not a spurof trhe moment thin g
    Heart...

I just couldn't put myself through 3/4 years doing something that I don't enjoy. I've chosen Jewellery design because I Know I'll enjoy it AND get a career out of it - I'm planning on setting up my own business *with piercing too*.
    If I followed my head, I'd be doing Philosophy or Psychology and being absolutely miserable. I just don't see the point choosing money over enjoyment - it's not in me!

Ilora x