Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Another IE question/Blue names

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so I had a problem with spyware because of Grokster a couple of weeks ago and people recommended I get Mozilla Firefox, which is very good, and is working well. So I decided to uninstall IE.

I thought was nothing wrong. I've been away for a week, and when I came back and tried to use MSN, it's gone really weird. If I type I message and press enter, it takes 5-10 seconds to appear. In this time, I can't click off it and just do something while I'm waiting. It's like it's taking up loads of RAM just to send a message or putting a massive strain on my PC.

Does anyone know what is going on or what I can do to sort it?

Oh, and so I don't have to make another new thread, some of my files and folders have blue names, and they didn't before. Anyone know why this is?

Comments

• Options
    because uninstalling IE was a silly idea, if you dont want to use it just dont use it, but because its integrated into windows you will have to install it again
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    because uninstalling IE was a silly idea, if you dont want to use it just dont use it, but because its integrated into windows you will have to install it again

I know that now, but it's a little late for that.

I wasn't actually trying to uninstall IE anyway, it was Internet Explorer followed by a series of numbers, so I thought I would still have Internet Explorer. I was wrong. :|

Would I have to format before installing XP? Would I lose anything by installing it?