Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Chasing People For Money

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't you hate it when you have to chase friends for money they owe you?

I just sent an email to a friend for computer stuff I bought for him, some of it over a year ago.

He owes me about £200+ and originally he was going to pay me back little bit each month but not had anything from him in 9 months at least.

We talk via email about 4 times a day during the week and my last money reminder email to him was in January.. he's a good friend but it's an annoyance more then anything tryign to remember who owes you what when they take so long to pay you back!!

Comments

• Options
    Worst possible situation you can be in. It's friend you wanna help by lending him a few quid... but when they don't mention in when they are going to start paying ya back; You're scared to say anything as you don't want to feel pushy.

I suggest, ya explain you're a little low in cash at the moment and if it was possible he could start paying that money back he owes ya; mentioning you're only asking coz your a little desperate for it, etc.
  • Options
    Oh I already emailed him with a the same exact list I sent him 9 months ago. I said I hate chasing people for money and it's more a case of simply being a pain inthe arse to try and remember what people owe you after over a year.

I owed a friend £18 since the last few months but simply not paid him back cos I've not seen him, but the other day was going to the train station and parked outside of his house and made it a point to stop by and give his flatmate £20 note to pass on to him.
  • Options
    I cannie stand borrowing money of me friends. Always feel awkward. If I need a few extra quid, I always ask me family and they're the same with me; cause they know if I'm borrowing money of them, they know were I live to track me down... hehehe
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I never bother, it's only money. I guess if I lent someone over a certain ammount I'd ask for it back.

It's not just money it's respect and just plain manners ... if people have the ability to borrow they should be able to pay back without being reminded.

If it's a few pound here and here it's not a big deal but £200 is a lot of money to me .. maybe not to you.