Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Cruel Tricks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Let me set the scene. At the beginning of the year I sent off my driving licence as my address had changed. The DVLA sent me a letter back telling me that all driving licence renewals have to be the new photo card type, could I send a passport photo and appropriate payment. I filed it under "must do later".

Once a month or so the wife will remind me (aka Nagging ;) ) that I haven't sent the photo/money away. I tell her I'll do it later.

Yesterday I went out for a round of golf with a couple of my buds and my old man. Turned into a rather long game of golf and was home almost 2 hours later than I said I would.

Walked in the door and Mrs Ninja asked if I wanted the bad news. I asked her what had happened. She told me that I got a letter through from the DVLA with a £1000 fine as I failed to return the required stuff within 6 months. I went mental.

"A 1000 fucking quid. Where the hell am I gonna get a grand from. (Dog started sniffing round my feet). Fuck off Scooby. I'm not in the mood" And it continued for about 10mins.

Then Mrs Ninja told me that she was only joking. :mad:

What's the worst joke/trick anyone has played on you?

Comments

• Options
    When i was going to meet Chris's parents for the first time he was telling me all week how they like things done a certain way & they have their tea a certain way & the woman normally serves the man hisd, but its got to be like milk first ect...like they were really prim & proper & old fashioned.
    I'm sure you know its nerve wracking enough without all this. So i spent the whole 4 hr drive a nervous wreck.
    turns out Chris's mum had it done to her & so wanted to do it to me.
    It's hard to explain it properly but i was not impressed.
  • Options
    That'll teach you for being so fucking lazy won't it?

You'll deserve a fine if you havn't sent it off by now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    You'll deserve a fine if you havn't sent it off by now.

Don't you start. Bad enough getting it from the wife. :p
  • Options
    Re: Cruel Tricks
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Let me set the scene. At the beginning of the year I sent off my driving licence as my address had changed. The DVLA sent me a letter back telling me that all driving licence renewals have to be the new photo card type, could I send a passport photo and appropriate payment. I filed it under "must do later".

Once a month or so the wife will remind me (aka Nagging ;) ) that I haven't sent the photo/money away. I tell her I'll do it later.

Yesterday I went out for a round of golf with a couple of my buds and my old man. Turned into a rather long game of golf and was home almost 2 hours later than I said I would.

Walked in the door and Mrs Ninja asked if I wanted the bad news. I asked her what had happened. She told me that I got a letter through from the DVLA with a £1000 fine as I failed to return the required stuff within 6 months. I went mental.

"A 1000 fucking quid. Where the hell am I gonna get a grand from. (Dog started sniffing round my feet). Fuck off Scooby. I'm not in the mood" And it continued for about 10mins.

Then Mrs Ninja told me that she was only joking. :mad:

What's the worst joke/trick anyone has played on you?

:lol: pmsl... she got you bad :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    When i was going to meet Chris's parents for the first time he was telling me all week how they like things done a certain way & they have their tea a certain way & the woman normally serves the man hisd, but its got to be like milk first ect...like they were really prim & proper & old fashioned.
    I'm sure you know its nerve wracking enough without all this. So i spent the whole 4 hr drive a nervous wreck.
    turns out Chris's mum had it done to her & so wanted to do it to me.
    It's hard to explain it properly but i was not impressed.
    i think thats really sweet. its like she was accepting you into the family by passing on something she'd had done to her.
  • Options
    i got the interragation and all that crack from my gf's dad, he always disagreed with me in every thing until one day i said fuck it and started having the craic and invited him to the pub, he ended up being sound and he was only testing me to see whether i would bolt the minute i thought they didnt like me. so in the end everything is grand and we get on like a house on fire :D
  • Options
    :lol:

mrs. ninja sounds like a legend!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    :lol:

mrs. ninja sounds like a legend!

She has her moments. But then it kinda sums up our releationship. Always winding each other up.
  • Options
    Repect to Mrs Ninja:thumb:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    This morning Dave was in the shower and I was bored so I decided to go and see how he was getting on in the shower. So, I was there, waiting and he didnt see me at all. I stood outside the shower cubicle and he still didnt see me (he was washing his hair and had his eyes shut). Then all of a sudden he opened his eyes and saw me there and he freaked! I have never seen the poor lad jump so high and nearly shit himself. I have never laughed so much either.

:p
  • Options
    Wives are evil things. But one needs them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    This morning Dave was in the shower and I was bored so I decided to go and see how he was getting on in the shower. So, I was there, waiting and he didnt see me at all. I stood outside the shower cubicle and he still didnt see me (he was washing his hair and had his eyes shut). Then all of a sudden he opened his eyes and saw me there and he freaked! I have never seen the poor lad jump so high and nearly shit himself. I have never laughed so much either.

:p

:lol: heh