Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Do Lap Dancing Clubs Exploit Women?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've only ever been to stringfellows, for my friend stag-do and can't say I saw anyone being exploited apart from some of the guys dumb enough to part with their cash!!

One girl there made £10,000 in one night!!

Comments

• Options
    I don't think they are being made to be sex objects. If strippers strip on their own volition then I have no problem with it.

There are male strippers too. Are they exploited? :chin:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Lap Dancing clubs exploit us blokes - and our wallets.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The girls being exploited? No way, it's the blokes being exploited, paying huge amounts of cash for a girl to do a few minutes of wiggling in front of them. Easy money!
  • Options
    I dont think its expolitation. I'd do it for a while to make the easy money.
  • Options
    I don't think it exploits women, but I think it cheapens them to an extent, they become symbolic of sex and nothing else. But then on the other hand, I've never been to a strip club so am only making theories up based on preconceived ideas about strippers and strip clubs.