Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Desperately Seeking Dick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Most of the time my job sucks. It's non stop loonies, ranters, and nutters some days. But every now and then, once in a while (like once in a blue moon), a call comes in that just makes your day.

A customer called to complain about the staff in one of the stores, and their attitude when asking for an item for her daughter.
She was after one of the Bad Taste Bears, which are designed to be offensive and inuendo laden.
She finished complaining about the store, and then asked about the bear she was looking for.
I can't remember it word for word, but these are the highlights.

"I was looking for Dick" (you already know where this is going)
I checked some of the stores stock.
"I can't find him on the system, only the keyring versions, so we might have called the figurine something else, but I'm certain he was discontinued a long time ago. A lot of the bears are limited editions."
"Can I get Dick in your other shops?" :eek2: *raises eyebrow*
"I can't find him on the system, but I could always ask some of the stores if necessary."

She couldn't get to any other stores, and insisted we had a second store in a town where I know for a fact we only have one, and then she went on to say she'd seen the bear in two of our other stores in towns where we don't have stores. We have a mail order service, so her next question came...

"Do you have Dick?" :D *I'm grinning now*
"No, I'm affraid we're out of stock of..." *thinks fast "...that figurine. I think he was discontinued a long time ago, and is now out of production."

"So, is there any chance of my daughter getting Dick?" *chokes*
That was almost it, I had to take a deep breath, take a pause, and stop myself from bursting out laughing. God only knows how I held it together and made it through to the end of the conversation, but after hanging up I totally cracked up. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    lmao - that is so funny it can't be true :p:lol:
  • Options
    :lol: :eek2: :lol:

surely she must have realised the innuendo of what she was saying???
  • Options
    Originally posted by Songbird
    lmao - that is so funny it can't be true :p:lol:
    Well, you should've been there, then you would've. We have things happen like that all the time. Earlier in the day one of the shops was having a laugh at me for asking if they had any Phlatballs. :eek2: :D
  • Options
    Haha, genius. Where do you work?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Naz
    :lol: :eek2: :lol:

surely she must have realised the innuendo of what she was saying???
    I honestly don't think she did. Sometimes when someone says something innuendo laden they realise straight away. She didn't give a single hint that she knew what she was saying. :)
  • Options
    LMAO thats excellent.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Songbird
    Haha, genius. Where do you work?!
    Not saying, so :p:D
  • Options
    Well this has raised my mood somewhat :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The mute button was invented for moment like this. Or Mrs Alexandra Fucker from Munich :lol:
  • Options
    :lol: fuck I can't believe you managed to keep a straight face, thats amazing
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Not saying, so :p:D

I'm guessing a shop that sells gadgets. ;)