Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mushies and the law

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Newbie to the site, haven't had time to intro properly, so hi everybody.

K' straight into the question now, i know the site has an info page on this, which i have read, but my poor brain is still confused :confused:

Love the little fellas, and have increasingly noticed on my jaunts in and around london that people are selling them everywhere?! So that means, that i can openly buy them, and these people aren't discreet, therefore what does it all mean? Are they legal, legal till money changes hand, one of life's mysteries which will never be solved.

I don't get it, basically if i try and take them out the country i'm i fucked? I deffo don't want a possible sentence of 7 years if it is against the law.

Comments

• Options
    Legal when fresh, Class A when prepared in any way (e.g. dried, boiled up etc).
  • Options
    There is much debate over this.

At the moment, it seems that selling them in tubs fresh is legal, though the Home Office isnt all that happy about it.
  • Options
    Dolly; You might want to have a look at this topic too;

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68493
  • Options
    ok, thanks for quick reply, it was useful.

So, basically the law has gone crazy, then? Class A on the one hand, yet VATable on the other.

So from what Blagsta said, if i was to take FRESH mushrooms abroad I would be fine?
  • Options
    Depends on the law in the country you are going to.
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure that mushrooms are illegal in the US. For example.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for the advice, probably won't risk it abroad, will stick to legal highs instead.

But i think the situation is a very dangerous one, it is sending out mixed messages which are confusing a lot of people i know.

From the amount of places i have seen, and they are a lot, it implies that the drug is legal, although a lot of them admittedly do "claim" they can only be sold for scientific purposes, but no-one selling them checks. But the law states it is an A class drug, and possession is a crime.

This is deffo a fast growing phenomenon (mushy stores), I wonder where it is all going to lead.......
  • Options
    Well, present case law does suggest that selling them fresh like the shops are doing is legal.

Your right though the picture is far from clear, not even the experts involved really know where the law lies with it.
  • Options
    I know you said you've read the factsheet, but just in case anyone else hasn't:

magic mushrooms and the law
    :)
  • Options
    Susie would be pleased.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Yes she would, Susie and Spanner are proper responsible mods, we should be grateful they keep us informed and in line.