Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

was it rolly or bongbudda who wrote all that stuff about the talk to frank site?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just ahve a few questions for you whichever one of you it is as i'm taking part in a focus group about the FRANK website and about drugs information finding in general :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It was most certainly me.

Your taking part in a focus group?! Well I could give you some questions to ask if you want. Questions I'd very much like the answer too, like, 'Why are there still so many mistakes on the website?'
    im not sure but i know it was definately one of those guys. i have a feeling they dont like it for its useless facts.
    Facts would be good, plain lies, mistakes that could cost people their lives and just plain dull-headed science are the norm with Frank.
    it's not just about the frank website, it's also about how various different groups: care workers, parents, students, etc. find out information about drugs.

sorry if it's dredging stuff up but what sorta mistakes are there on there? i took a flick through the website but not in a while.

although i do recall the dosage they gave for GB being a tad misleading seeing as it ould be made at any sort of concentration. that and it varies a lot fomr person to person.

what sorta questions by the way?

apologies ofr the typing i've not been up long and i only had 4 hours sleep...
    Hmm, there are loads of mistakes on the website.

They call heroin naturally occuring, which it isnt.

They give dimensions for PMA pills, which of course is rubbish.

They tell people to multi-drop 2CB or 2-CT-7, which is stupidly dangerous.

They have a 'one armed bandit' game which suggests that "Some people set themselves the rule of only one alcoholic drink per line." when talking about mixing cocaine with alcohol.

Their page on Yabba would be funny if it wasnt so depressing.

They give the dose of GHB as a 'teaspoon to a capful' what the hell does that mean?!

And loads of others which I cant think of off the top of my head.
    just taken a look myself, it's starting to come back to me now why i never bothered going back to that site!

by the way, is yabba just meth or is it another speed derivative?
    Sounds like they've made some serious (and stupid) blunders on there...have you contacted them about rectifying it, bongbudda?

Also, "a teaspoon to a capful" more than likely means a 5ml dosage - the norm for prescription medicines, and what is held by your average teaspoon ;)
    Your asking a complex question there. Yabba isnt really one drug, it really refers to the little orange/red pills that come from Myanmar (Burma).

These have flooded the Far East and caused nasty levels of addiction.

They are normally methamphetamine, BUT, they do sometimes contain other amphetamines (dex for example). I have also heard one report that morphine was found in one batch. Though that was only one report.

To answer your question, most of them will just be meth in pill form and nothing else.
    ah right, just always confused me is all. that site really is both amusing yet sad at the same time.

ah well, got from now til monday to have a more through trawl through it.
    feel free to think up anymore questions between now and then.
    I'm going to try and get involved in that, voice my opinions in person. If I get a reply to my email and I'm going I'll PM you when it is.
    whats the site address anyway?