Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Babies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it just me or dont you guys think its weird that when babies are first born they all look the same apart from skin colour etc etc.
Also they look ugly....how can people say its beautiful!!

Another thing. I was talking to one of my girl friends the other day and I asked her if she wanted kids ever and she said yeah one day. So I go why and she says cos they are soooo cute. But they arent cute for long. Then I asked a couple of my other friends and they said the same thing. Isnt that a real shit reason to bring life to the world beacuse it cute!! :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Some babies look like Winston Churchill.

not some, all, at least initially

They then become remarkably cute until the age of 31/2 or when they cry too much.

It's great being an auntie you can always give them back!
  • Options
    Re: Babies
    Originally posted by lovin_ur_work
    Is it just me or dont you guys think its weird that when babies are first born they all look the same apart from skin colour etc etc.

Think I read something about that on the BBC site a while ago. Apparantly babies look quite neutral at first to fool the mother's mate so he won't figure out if it's not his child while needed the most. I can't find that article right now so I'm not guaranteeing that it's completely correct, but it was something along those lines.
  • Options
    I think people have children because it is seen as something natural.

I'd like babies, when I'm older. I'm not sure why though, I've never stopped to consider why!
  • Options
    At work once this woman lectured me on how children are the best thing that can happen to people. The gist of it being that without somebody to love and care for like your own child you will grow old alone, and even with a mate will have a sad lonley horrible existance because you never got to feel that love and responsibility. She scared me and I hope to never have children because I'm afraid they will be just like me. And I'd never know what kind of parent I'd want to be. Scary stuff. But then again I'm young, things will more than liklely change. And dealing more with the topic, I've seen just adorable babies but I've also seen butt ugly ones.
  • Options
    I disagree, babies that are not born the "natural way" tend to be less scrunched up when first born as they havent been squeezed out.
    My baby was/is lovely :p.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Babies
    Originally posted by Fáfnir VII
    Think I read something about that on the BBC site a while ago. Apparantly babies look quite neutral at first to fool the mother's mate so he won't figure out if it's not his child while needed the most. I can't find that article right now so I'm not guaranteeing that it's completely correct, but it was something along those lines.

That's true actually, it's during the period while bonds are formed it's important not to arouse suspicion in the 'father'
  • Options
    its a biological thing. women of childbearing age are more likely to think babies are appealing.
    As for your OWN baby, well thats just completely biased love.
    When I had mine, I was just soooo completely in awe of his beauty, I actually remember just feeling so proud of him. It sounds stupid now, but I remember just thinking he was so beautiful, everyone must be so jealous of me with my beautiful baby - they must be so disappointed that theirs are all so ugly :lol:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That's not true! I've seen babies, and they don't look exactly the same! And about skin color, I read somewhere that all kids are white for the first few minutes... can't confirm it though.

How can you say something like that??? :eek:
    ...Wait a minute... are you really human??
  • Options
    I love babies don't get me wrong and I do find them to be soo cute and loveable. Just wanna be there when they fall asleep in your arms, when they grasp your finger for the first time, first smile, first laugh; I love it. I use to work with babies from 6 weeks to 9 months and I loved them all, even the ones that cried all day. Was soo surprised how patient I turned out to be.

BUT I don't plan to have a baby of mine anytime soon. Best things about other peoples' babies, is you can say cheerio to them at the end of the day.

Maybe one day, who knows - But defintley not in the next few years :)
  • Options
    I've got my two cats, they are more than enough for me at the moment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I've got my two cats, they are more than enough for me at the moment.

You aren't getting any younger :p.
  • Options
    I've always thought those dresses were a bit feminine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    You aren't getting any younger :p.

Dont remind me, talk of age, especially when your as close to the grave as I am is depressing.
  • Options

When its your own baby you think its beautiful :yes: