Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Old Fogey Scum

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
It always makes me laugh when old people stomp on buses and demand that someone lets them have a seat, as if the world owes them a living. Unless they are frail or ill then they don't get my seat, and unless they look it, or tell me why they are, then they don't get my seat.

The ones who queue-jump because they are old get my rucksack in their stupid little faces. yes, you're old. Yes, you can piss off to the back of the queue.

What is it with the sodding old people? They shuffle around getting in everyone's way, they trundle along at 40mph on trunk roads and then start swearing at me when I overtake them, and they seemt ot hink the whole world owes them a living.

And it's only going to get worse in ten years time, when all the baby boomers retire.

No, I don't owe you a living. I'm glad that you "fought in the war", but that doesn't mean that your opinion is right. Especially when that opinion is that "single mothers and pakis" should not get any benefits to pay for a pensions increase, and that opinion is that students should pay thousands in tuition fees "because at least they could go to university". It's not my fault you're thick, gramps.

*sigh*

I feel better for that.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Working at the bingo makes you twice as bitter towards them.

Still, gives me a chance to piss them off. Like giving them their change in 10p pieces, and closing the till drawer before they complain.

God, they hate that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Still, gives me a chance to piss them off. Like giving them their change in 10p pieces

the same thing works a treat on angry bus drivers :thumb:
  • Options
    Old people do suck. Especially when they are customers and are just rude.
  • Options
    See I dont get this. I dont get any trouble with old people pushing in the queue, they always seem really nice to me. Ive never had a pensioner try and nick my seat, but then again, id probably offer it to them before they asked, if there were no other spaces.
    I work at the bingo hall too :o and the old dears seem to love me, and im really fond of a lot of them too. Of course there are some right grumpy old bastards, but there are younger annoying ones too - if anything, the oldies are friendlier.
    I think its not to do with the age of the person but more like the attitude you give off affects the way people react to you.
    Sorry to spoil your rant.
  • Options
    Oooh, I'll copy what I wrote in a post over at the Work/Volunteering forums!

"Then you get these wee old bastard women with sticks, and they ask -

"Where's ladieswear?"
    "First floor."
    "Where am I just now?"
    "Ground."
    "Och, I'm not going all the way upstairs."
    "Right then."

Then it's like, WTF you managed to walk all the way to the bustop to get into town, walk to this shop, WALK IN and WALK BACK OUT! Don't fuggin' BITCH, you BIATCH! >:| RAH.
    "
  • Options
    :lol: no worries.

I think it is attitude with people. Either the old duffers around here are particularly bitter and stupid, or I don't notice the pleasant ones.

*sigh*
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    See I dont get this. I dont get any trouble with old people pushing in the queue, they always seem really nice to me. Ive never had a pensioner try and nick my seat, but then again, id probably offer it to them before they asked, if there were no other spaces.
    I work at the bingo hall too :o and the old dears seem to love me, and im really fond of a lot of them too. Of course there are some right grumpy old bastards, but there are younger annoying ones too - if anything, the oldies are friendlier.
    I think its not to do with the age of the person but more like the attitude you give off affects the way people react to you.
    Sorry to spoil your rant.

Probably because you're old :p
  • Options
    some are proper rude, working in a bank

'why the fuck hasnt my pension gone in, how old are you?, where the fucks your manager?

'actually its this gentleman sitting next to me'

*comes across with sweet old lady i cant afford to pay for bread even though she has over £20,000 in her savings*

some of them turn the air blue

'do you WANT me to close my account? on your head be it young lady if i do'

i felt going 'NOOOOOO! dont do it!!!!!! im sorry you have to pay for your loan'

dickheads, loads of em have shit loads of money and get so pissed off if theres a queue
  • Options
    Och, you get good ones too. It just takes one bad one to me to constantly rant about compulsory euthanasia at 60.

Take Mrs Clarke for example. Pain in the bloody arse. Fair enough she's in a wheelchair and needs a bit of looking after, but she's just plain rude, she never says thankyou, when someone goes out of their way to make sure she gets her chips and gravy she complains that it took too long, then at the end of the night she wants a specific taxi company to come pick her up (then she complains when she can't remember the number and we should have written it down).

Still, I'll still be living and breathing in 5 years time. The thought that half of them wont keeps me going :thumb:
  • Options
    Still, I'll still be living and breathing in 5 years time. The thought that half of them wont keeps me going :thumb:

:lol:
  • Options

Me too, mate. Me too.

The thought of all the baby boomers retiring scares me though. Mind, at least they can't drone on about "back in t'war".
  • Options

Just say to yourself every time you see one: "Not long now"
    or say it out loud if your that sadistic, cheers me up anyway.
  • Options
    Och, you get good ones too. It just takes one bad one to me to constantly rant about compulsory euthanasia at 60.

Take Mrs Clarke for example. Pain in the bloody arse. Fair enough she's in a wheelchair and needs a bit of looking after, but she's just plain rude, she never says thankyou, when someone goes out of their way to make sure she gets her chips and gravy she complains that it took too long, then at the end of the night she wants a specific taxi company to come pick her up (then she complains when she can't remember the number and we should have written it down).

ROFL, I know what you mean about some of them.
    You do get some right moaners, such as the old lady that moaned that her cheese on her Jacket potato wasnt melted enough and snarled at me to get it melted. I dont think its ever a good idea to speak rudely to the people preparing your food, but there you go!
    I think that the really nice ones outweigh the miserable ones by far though. Old Clara always brings in a carrier bag of chocolate bars for the diner staff every time she comes in. Some of them are so funny too. Ill really miss them when I leave.
    I find the oldies really appreciative when youre nice to them usually. its the twentysomethings that seem to think you owe them something. they refuse to smile - ever. Like bingo is the most important thing in the world.
    Maybe my local grannies are just the best in the world.
  • Options
    What's annoys me is that their level of inappropriate self disclosure is off the scale. For example you'll be stood at the bus stop & they'll burble out their entire life story to a total stranger:p
  • Options
    Re: Old Fogey Scum
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It always makes me laugh when old people stomp on buses and demand that someone lets them have a seat, as if the world owes them a living. Unless they are frail or ill then they don't get my seat, and unless they look it, or tell me why they are, then they don't get my seat.

The ones who queue-jump because they are old get my rucksack in their stupid little faces. yes, you're old. Yes, you can piss off to the back of the queue.

What is it with the sodding old people? They shuffle around getting in everyone's way, they trundle along at 40mph on trunk roads and then start swearing at me when I overtake them, and they seemt ot hink the whole world owes them a living.

And it's only going to get worse in ten years time, when all the baby boomers retire.

No, I don't owe you a living. I'm glad that you "fought in the war", but that doesn't mean that your opinion is right. Especially when that opinion is that "single mothers and pakis" should not get any benefits to pay for a pensions increase, and that opinion is that students should pay thousands in tuition fees "because at least they could go to university". It's not my fault you're thick, gramps.

*sigh*

I feel better for that.

Have you read the rant on old people? You'd love it I'm sure
  • Options
    if someone is unable to stand, or it would be bad for their health to stand on a bus trip for a long while i wil let someone have a seat, and thats done whatever

doesnt matter if they are old or not

some old people can be quite cool and tolerable, but you start getting a bastard and i just give them back what they give me, either that or ignore them if i cant be arsed
  • Options

ill remember that at work next time i have some coffin dodger breathing down my neck as to why her pension hasnt come in

true you do get some real sweet ones, like the lady who always tells me how pretty i am (flattery is so a good trait ;) ) or compliments my earrings or nails :D i love my granny n grandad though, i find its not the majorly old ones, but those just in there 60's who have the biggest chips on there shoulder. i would give my seat up on the bus to anyone who needed it, but no-one who expected me too
  • Options
    See what annoys me, is because I'm younger than them, they automatically think I'm some sort of "youf" and give me dirty looks for walking past, or holding a door open, as if to say "I'm sure you're a vandal in your spare time" Or when I cross a road with my friends, and they're parked on the side and they lock their doors as you walk past.:mad:
  • Options
    depending on how old the age group is that you are dealing with, well more than half of them might be dead within 5 years

it gets better :P
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I can't say I'm generally mad at old people, but I've met a few weird cases myself. Once I was in the post office, waiting for my turn, and I was sitting in the chair because I had walked far. So this old woman comes through the door with a face that said "I'm ready to start a fight" and tells me to get up so she can sit, without even a please. I get up, she sits for exactly 2 seconds, then gets up and goes out of the door. No comment.
    And sometimes they're not totally right, but not wrong either. Once I was in a bus, and right next to the door were two girls on the seats and an old man standing next to them. He had gotten on the bus after them (and me) and had never indicated that he wanted to sit. Anyway, the girls get up at a stop, and right then he started whining and cursing about how they only get up to leave and not to help and old tired man. Okay, they should have offered their seats, but he might as well have asked them for it. Complaining isn't the only reason you can speak. Not to mention that I have done that sometimes too, not because I'm rude but because I haven't noticed the old person.
  • Options
    Kids these days have no respect for their elders *Shakes Head Sadly*

I love old people - They're soo sweet and never had any problems with any. None that I can remember anyway. Have them coming up to me, telling me I'm a sweet child 'We of course I am hun' :p hehe

Only problem I can really remember was when I was working in an old peoples home and this old man, grabbed my ass when I was sitting his meal down infront of him. Like a little kid... I was shocked; but laughed it off.
  • Options
    I used to get so pissed off at old people, then I started working in an old peoples home and then I loved each and every one of the residents thus giving me new repsect for other old people. Sept my grandad. I still think he's a arse and the only thing he's good at is being a cash point.

Thing about bus seats is that its not just the really old people that want to nick my seat. Ive had someone about 50 come up to me, about a week after my knee operation and give me a snide comment about letting her sit down with her shopping bags.
    So I got up, with my cruches (that were admittedly hidden), I ended up hitting my head on some weird lower roofed part of the bus and hobbled out of her way to sit down. Ha! She got such dirty looks from the rest of the bus it was worth it. A little old lady near her gave me her seat too. Which made it even worse for the 50year old bitch who looked like she wanted the groud to swollow her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    What's annoys me is that their level of inappropriate self disclosure is off the scale. For example you'll be stood at the bus stop & they'll burble out their entire life story to a total stranger:p

:yes:

When I stayed at my sister's house, I was waiting for a bus to Shrewsbury, and this old guy came up to me and said 'it's always 10 minutes late'. And then he proceeded to ask me questions.

He was alright though. It was just annoying that he happened to be on the same bus as me on the way back as well. And he said 'how was your friend?'. Which annoyed me more than I already was annoyed due to the fact that I didn't want to be reminded that she couldn't come because of the people fitting her blinds being 5 hours late *shuts up 'cause is gonna start on a rant of her own*
  • Options
    Today i found out about a old guys bladder problems while minding my own business on the bus. Why did he think i wanted to know about his bodily functions.
    I had a similiar experience when i had crutches and a old woman demanded my seat... the dirty looks were hilarious.

Also the attack of them in tesco's when they parade round with trolleys..... i'm sure they aim to hit me... arrogant.

Luckily my bus trips are rare.... the time before a elderly woman was complaining that those "damn students" were taking precious money away from her plump pension.
    Better stop now before i get into a full blown rant!
  • Options
    i think the vast majority of old people deserve a hell of a lot more respect than they get.

there are a few who need to be beaten with their own walking sticks, but there are in any age group.

only thing is that old men tend to come on to me. which is kinda worrying considering i look quite a lot younger than i am.
  • Options
    I hate old people. They have a go at me for the way I dress, and for my piercing. Free fucking world you grumpy old bastards :mad:
  • Options
    Old people drivers can have a tendancy to annoy me somewhat.

At work I always get the general impression that old men are grumpier than old women.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    See what annoys me, is because I'm younger than them, they automatically think I'm some sort of "youf" and give me dirty looks for walking past, or holding a door open, as if to say "I'm sure you're a vandal in your spare time" Or when I cross a road with my friends, and they're parked on the side and they lock their doors as you walk past.:mad:

I get that when I try and help women with their push chairs when I'm on the tube.

I mean what the hell do they think I'm going to do? Run off with their kid in the push chair, most of them are bloody ugly anyway!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    most of them are bloody ugly anyway!

:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I get that when I try and help women with their push chairs when I'm on the tube.

I mean what the hell do they think I'm going to do? Run off with their kid in the push chair, most of them are bloody ugly anyway!
    yeah sorry about that. It was only because youd forgotten to remove the straw from your nose before you left the house. It made you look dodgy.