Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Has ne one here been to slinky in bournemouth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i'm going to my second year at bournemouth uni in september, and i have been to the opera house many a time, but only on saturday and hot n' horny thursdays. has ne one here gone to slinky and would you recomend it.

i have heared it's a quality night but the price and the fact that it's supposed to be full chavs up for fight (just going on what i've heard)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    It's a nice venue, but I have never really enjoyed myself there. It's very commercial and full of those cyber kids. If you're looking for a place to get pissed up and pull it's worth going to but I think the music is shite.
    I used to enjoy the events at The Old Fire Station and The Showbar but I havn't been to either for a while.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Slinky @ Creation was the Daddy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    It's a nice venue, but I have never really enjoyed myself there. It's very commercial and full of those cyber kids. If you're looking for a place to get pissed up and pull it's worth going to but I think the music is shite.

you'd tell someone to go to a mainly hard house night to get pissed and pull?? always been to me that dance events you were less likely to pull at rather than a cheesy sorta club.

as for the music the lineup has been getting better recently.

that and cybers like everywhere in the country and starting to die out. weren't evry many at all last time i went there. no mroe than any other hard house event.

there are a fair amount of beer boys there but atmosphere is fine most oft he time i've found.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    there are a fair amount of beer boys there but atmosphere is fine most oft he time i've found.

My mate sometimes MC's for Cocoshebeen in Room 2 so I've been plenty of times, but I think it's crap.
    It may have hard music and it is big, but the atmosphere is still too cheesy. It's packed wall to wall with dickheads and if anything it's too big and too light. I like little dark sweatboxes with an amazing light system, I like raving, none of this comercial shit. Each to their own I suppose.

I don't know if you're local but If you wanted hard house The Country Club was better, and Cheeky Little Monkey was good when it was at the Showbar, and Enzo's had some top nights. Sadly all gone now - but it goes to show that big is not always good.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    no but i've been to the one in derby and its shite
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    My mate sometimes MC's for Cocoshebeen in Room 2 so I've been plenty of times, but I think it's crap.
    It may have hard music and it is big, but the atmosphere is still too cheesy. It's packed wall to wall with dickheads and if anything it's too big and too light. I like little dark sweatboxes with an amazing light system, I like raving, none of this comercial shit. Each to their own I suppose.

I don't know if you're local but If you wanted hard house The Country Club was better, and Cheeky Little Monkey was good when it was at the Showbar, and Enzo's had some top nights. Sadly all gone now - but it goes to show that big is not always good.

as you say, each to their own, i prefer more commercial ngihts rather than raving, e.g. wildhild, frantic, sundissential, polysexual etc.

not local, am a londoner most of the time so go to nights up here rather than bournemouth.