Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how pathetic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is it with people today? Why is it that there are so many sad, pathetic people who get their kicks from slagging off or criticising others? In a world full of violence and hate why add to it?
It's a truely evil individual indeed who makes it their goal to inflict suffering upon others.

If dawn of the dead is to be believed, surely it won't be long!

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    you've hit the nail on the head there :thumb:
  • Options
    Ignore it.
  • Options
    no offence or owt, but is there really any need to draw more attention to it?
    everyone knows what's going on, has their opinion about it, so why make even more of a big deal about it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    no offence or owt, but is there really any need to draw more attention to it?
    everyone knows what's going on, has their opinion about it, so why make even more of a big deal about it?

because what is being said is actually upsetting people?
  • Options
    i gather that, but just by posting this, it's not going to make the people doing it change their mind, they know theyre upsetting them, and by showing that they get a reaction will just make them do it more.
  • Options
    i gather that, but just by posting this, it's not going to make the people doing it change their mind, they know theyre upsetting them, and by showing that they get a reaction will just make them do it more.

i think he actually wants his say now as he has kept well out of this. can you honestly say that you would stand back and let people (internet or real life) upset your boyfriend or whatever? i would want to stick up for them.

alot of what has been happening isnt just flaming, it is starting to turn into a personal vendetta and its just not fair.
  • Options
    i wouldn't care really, cos they're just people on the net, their opinion doesnt particularly effect me as they know nowt about my life.

and i'm just saying exactly what is given as advice when people at school etc are getting bullied, ignore them and they'll go away.
  • Options
    i wouldn't care really, cos they're just people on the net, their opinion doesnt particularly effect me as they know nowt about my life.

can you honestly say that you would just "ignore" them if people were constantly having a dig at your personal life over and over and over and over and over again? i doubt it.
    and i'm just saying exactly what is given as advice when people at school etc are getting bullied, ignore them and they'll go away.

easier said than done im afraid.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit

In my experience if you hit back they'll fuck off even faster.

...of course you can't do that on here and you are probably right. Some people on here thrive on others getting wound up. It's good to give 'em some back some grief though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    can you honestly say that you would just "ignore" them if people were constantly having a dig at your personal life over and over and over and over and over again? i doubt it.
    i believe what i would do is log off.
    not saying they should, nor do i particularly agree with whoever it was that was doing the flaming, but theres no need to be a gluten for punishment.
    coming on here is a personal choice, and if people were being mean to a point where it was upsetting me, i'd choose not to.

and yes, i know that's exactly what they want, and there's no reason that tweety or marmite should, morally or ethically, but you asked what i personally would do and i dont need the acknowledgement of strangers who i'm pretty sure i won't ever meet. and any relationships with people i'd made on here are easy enough to carry on on different mediums where there wouldnt be people taking the piss.
  • Options

Hmm, somehow I don't see the fairness in that. There's no reason someone should have to log off because other people have nothing better to do with their lives than to spend it inventing personas on boards through which to insult them.

No, I'm afraid the only suitable thing to do is to reply, and hope that the moderators eventually get around to banning some of the people who've been sat here insulting members for a long time, as well as just the newbies that do it.
  • Options
    my god. i go away for two days, and there's a saga.
  • Options

As much as i dont particularly like agreeing with you hun i have to go with you on this one...or just appear as invisible and stop posting for a few days
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    As much as i dont particularly like agreeing with you hun i have to go with you on this one...or just appear as invisible and stop posting for a few days

You so would not, you'd complain to everyone and everything like you have done in the past.

And make threads about how unfair the situation is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    my god. i go away for two days, and there's a saga.

I was thinking the same. :(
  • Options
    another 2 pennies worth:

have just read one of what i presume are the offending threads, and agree with the title of this thread. how pathetic.

back to school soon, i hope.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    another 2 pennies worth:

have just read one of what i presume are the offending threads, and agree with the title of this thread. how pathetic.

back to school soon, i hope.

Luckily the holiday season is almost over and most of the kids / trolls / pointless wastes of space will be back onto school time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    You so would not, you'd complain to everyone and everything like you have done in the past.

And make threads about how unfair the situation is.

i would have done that about 4months ago...not now. i learnt from my mistakes, unlike some. So are you going to start attacking me now Dave?
  • Options
    i would have done that about 4months ago...not now. i learnt from my mistakes, unlike some. So are you going to start attacking me now Dave?

Why would I want to attack you?

Okay so you're saying that now you would choose to hide rather than say anything when people are sat there insulting both you and your family?

And that's the progress that Tweety has to make is it?

Hmm.

:chin:
  • Options
    i am not even going to try to justify what i would do or give reasons why because you lot wont budge on this and fine its not me being slagged off.
  • Options
    i am not even going to try to justify what i would do or give reasons why because you lot wont budge on this and fine its not me being slagged off.

Ok.
  • Options

...Fairly obvious to most people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Why don't you explain to me and I'll tell you why your explanation is a crock of shit. =)

Nope.
  • Options
    Please?

Okay, well I think the reasons behind making this thread were probably -

Most of the original threads have closed.

There's more than one other new thread, so he'd have had to have posted in both.

A tiny post in the middle of a big bitch thread wont be noticed.

He probably couldn't be arsed faffing about replying and / or even reading any of the other threads when his girlfriend is the one who is on here normally, not him, and she would have already said what was in the other threads.

But I dunno. You'd have to wait for an answer off marmite to know the actual reasons, and since you're one of the people who's been here insulting Tweety, I don't feel that he's obliged to give you any explanation.

Edit : Sorry, didn't notice that you had deleted your post saying please, but I'd already wrote all this stuff so you have the answer now.
  • Options
    Now consider the following:
    Most of the original threads have closed.

I originally asked why another thread was made complaining about whatever. The two that I used as an example are not closed.
    There's more than one other new thread, so he'd have had to have posted in both.

What? He'd have to post his opinion on the same thing twice? Incase somebody missed it or something? Right.
    A tiny post in the middle of a big bitch thread wont be noticed.

What?! What's so special and unique about the opening post which makes it worthy of a new thread. Not to say that threads need good cause to be started, but really - It's just the same thing everybody else has said over and over again.
    He probably couldn't be arsed faffing about replying and / or even reading any of the other threads when his girlfriend is the one who is on here normally, not him, and she would have already said what was in the other threads.

That's actually a valid point. Why risk repeating what your girlfriend has already said in the same thread when you can eliminate any chance of looking like an idiot by saying the same thing on another thread?
    But I dunno. You'd have to wait for an answer off marmite to know the actual reasons, and since you're one of the people who's been here insulting Tweety, I don't feel that he's obliged to give you any explanation.

Can Tweety not be picked up on about her shit? People 'insult' Tweety for good reasons. Groups of people do not suddenly start bashing the same person for nothing. I never intended mine and Tweety's misunderstanding to give people to go-ahead to tell her what they really thought. I cannot be blamed in anyway way, or be grouped with 'the people'.
    Edit : Sorry, didn't notice that you had deleted your post saying please, but I'd already wrote all this stuff so you have the answer now.

No need to apologise. I assumed you weren't going to reply so saw no reason to leave my post there. I suppose I should follow my own advice not to assume.
  • Options
    Now consider the following:

Consider your words marked.

I have nothing more to add on the matter.
  • Options
    <Insert generic *Yawn* here>
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    <Insert generic *Yawn* here>

You predictable bastard. :(
  • Options
    Can Tweety not be picked up on about her shit? People 'insult' Tweety for good reasons. Groups of people do not suddenly start bashing the same person for nothing. I never intended mine and Tweety's misunderstanding to give people to go-ahead to tell her what they really thought. I cannot be blamed in anyway way, or be grouped with 'the people'.

Go and play with the fucking traffic you utter cockwipe.

People insult Tweety because she won't fight back. I know "nice" is a concept that's utterly alien to you- I presume because you've had your head flushed down the bog by year seven kids once too many times- but Tweety won't fight back because she doesn't want to get involved in slanging matches. If she won't fight back they get to look all hard and fucking macho, and everyone just creams themselves at the sight of their screen-name.

People pick on people who are easy prey, not because they "deserve" it. It's the first rule of bullying, pissflap, don't pick on someone who has an outside chance of fighting back.

Because that's what this all is. Bullying. And it's fucking despicable, to be quite honest. Bullying in the "real world" is bad enough, but bullying on the internet? Just how fucking moronic do you have to be to start bullying people on a fucking computer?

"Woo, I look so hard, I can bully someone on a computer. I wouldn't say it to their face because I wouldn't have one afterwards, but gosh don't all my scum freinds think I'm teh shit!!!111"

The people responsible, and we all know who they are, are really just beneath contempt.
This discussion has been closed.