Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Have you been sky diving???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am going sky diving with my best guy friend on September 3rd because he is leaving on his mission at the end of september so we wanted to do something fun. He doesn't know yet that I'm taking him and I hope I can keep it from him til then.

There's only one place in Utah that does sky diving and I've called them and made reservations and the whole bit. But I want experiences from people who have gone. I didn't want to go by what the people who work there said because they won't tell me it's not safe and lose a sale. If you went, did you like it? just tell me about your experience going... :p

thankfully the price includes pictures and a video camera that tapes us as we go. Of course we will be strapped to the front of someone because it takes about 7 or 8 times til we can go alone but I know I'm not gonna go more than 3 or 4 times.

Comments

• Options
    I would be too scared. :eek:
  • Options
    When I went to Global gathering, I went on a bungee ball thing. It was very good, prob not as good as sky diving though.
  • Options
    assuming you get the training [which i hope you would] then its all good

its one of those absolutely fantastic experiences
  • Options
    Nope, but would love to go! For years I've been intending to do just a straightforward jump (static line), but would love to do freefall like you're planning to do. Friends who have done them say they're fantastic, and it's a great rush. I always keep saying next year, and it will be next year at the earliest due to funds.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll both love it! :hyper:

Lisa, I went on one of those bungee balls last year. Loved it! Just got to do a bungee jump the other way now. :)
  • Options
    No i haven't done one before but i really would like to, i'll get around to it sometime.

I was on one of them bungee balls as well, they blast off at some speed at the start, great though.
  • Options
    Sometimes the chute don't open

Don't click if you're squimish

Click
  • Options
    BB don't worry about things like the chute not opening and crap. Statistically your more likely to be killed in the car on the journey there.

I did a tandem jump last year and thought it was amazing.

I'm shit scared of heights (I can't even look out of a second floor window :nervous: ) and went through hell before the jump. But free-fall is Indescribable and something everyone should try once.

Go for it. Try not to worry to much (You are in professional hands) and enjoy it.
  • Options
    I'm going in a month for charity. :D

I am doing a sole jump but only from 3000 feet on a static line.

I don't want a tandem :(
  • Options
    You get no freefall with a static line CoT. :(
  • Options
    Yeah I know but I'd rather do it on my own than with tied to someone!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    When I went to Global gathering, I went on a bungee ball thing. It was very good

Two years ago I worked on the slingshot at Global Gathering. My mates old man owns the thing and I used to work with the fun fair to get into events free.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Two years ago I worked on the slingshot at Global Gathering. My mates old man owns the thing and I used to work with the fun fair to get into events free.

:O No way. On the bungee ball they were charging £25 per person so everytime it went in the air they earnt £50. Amazing really coz they must have earn loads.