Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

New movie.. can't remember the name!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
When I went to see King Arthur the other day, they had a preview for a movie about two divers getting left behind in the sea...

Does anyone know what it's called cause I can't remember!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: New movie.. can't remember the name!
    Originally posted by Fish_Socks_1
    When I went to see King Arthur the other day, they had a preview for a movie about two divers getting left behind in the sea...

Does anyone know what it's called cause I can't remember!

Open Water.

apparently it is based on a true stror. not out for a few weeks though :)
  • Options
    Thank you!

I'm gonna have to see it... I cringed at the trailer, cause I have a horrible phobia of the sea, but it looks really interesting :)
  • Options
    Yes, it said prepare to jump out of your skin, or something.

Not for me then. :eek:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I love the sea... perhaps after watching this I won't, but that isn't going to stop me. It looks very interesting.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Fish_Socks_1
    Thank you!

I'm gonna have to see it... I cringed at the trailer, cause I have a horrible phobia of the sea, but it looks really interesting :)

yeah, i will not be seeing it. i do not like water and the film would freak me out even more.
  • Options
    yep,open water,based on true stories where in 3 different cases the people went diving and the rest of them that were on the boat took off and left them in the water
  • Options
    Its the biggest pile of wank I have seen in a long time.
  • Options
    It looks very interesting.
    I thought that when I saw the adverts. Then I saw the film last night, and was thoroughly disappointed. I was feeling disorientated by the end, just from watching the two actors bob up and down on the water all the time. 3 out of 10 - I wouldn't reccommend bothering to see it.
  • Options
    if its a true story, and they both die-how does anyone know what actually happened? my mate saw it and said they were arguing about stuff and had problems the night before, but how would anyone really know?

id be a bit offemded if it had been someone i knew and they had misrepresented them
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    if its a true story, and they both die-how does anyone know what actually happened? my mate saw it and said they were arguing about stuff and had problems the night before, but how would anyone really know?

id be a bit offemded if it had been someone i knew and they had misrepresented them

Because one of the sharks were caught and when they chopped it open they found the camera of the people who went missing.

I wanted one of the peoples heads to drop out of the sharks gut when they sliced it. I was so disappointed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Its the biggest pile of wank I have seen in a long time.

it doesn't look great, tbh.

two people in the sea is only interesting for so long.
  • Options
    if its a true story, and they both die-how does anyone know what actually happened?

They both die??
    Aww... crap, I was going to see that film too. Ah ya saved me a few quid I suppose.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    It looks to me like a film about 2 people sitting in the middle of the ocean, for no reason, when they could easily swim away.

idiots.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Because one of the sharks were caught and when they chopped it open they found the camera of the people who went missing.

I wanted one of the peoples heads to drop out of the sharks gut when they sliced it. I was so disappointed.

was the bit about the sharks in the film?
  • Options
    was the bit about the sharks in the film?

At the end, yes.
  • Options
    but apparantly they were arguing about sex and stuff and how would anyone know that happened?

also my mte explained how they had forgotton those two, but at the end of the trip, would they not have counted again?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    it doesn't look great, tbh.

two people in the sea is only interesting for so long.

What about Phone Booth? That's was nearly two hours of Colin Farrell talking to Keifer Sutherland on the phone and shouting stuff at the police, but it stayed interesting to the end.
  • Options
    That other film with Tom Hanks, were he was stranded on a island. I thought that was really good. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    That other film with Tom Hanks, were he was stranded on a island. I thought that was really good. :yes:

WILSON!!! :love:
  • Options
    WILSON!!! :love:

Awww... that was his wee football friend, wasn't it?! Awwk bless... :p
  • Options
    but apparantly they were arguing about sex and stuff and how would anyone know that happened?

also my mte explained how they had forgotton those two, but at the end of the trip, would they not have counted again?

Because one of the people forgot their mask so he stayed up then a lady felt ill so her and her bf/husband come back up to the boat and a guy marked down 3 people back up out of the twenty that went down but then the guy who forgot his mask borrowed the sick ladies one and asked her man to go down with him. So, two more people went down but the person who said 3 had come up didnt cross two off.

Man, that was hard.

I would say dash off to see it to get what I mean but it really isnt worth the £5. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    What about Phone Booth? That's was nearly two hours of Colin Farrell talking to Keifer Sutherland on the phone and shouting stuff at the police, but it stayed interesting to the end.

i didn't see that one either. on purpose.