Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Aquired some of this stuff earlier today. Any experiences?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My dealer calls it "Special K" (like the cereal)

He's always trying to get me to buy some but my friend had a really bad experience with it, so I will probably try it once just to see if it's stronger than H. My D said I'd get a high from Special K how I would get one from H. He said I'd be really mellow and calm.

When my friend did it (I didn't see how much she had though) she didnt feel anything for a few minutes then was out cold. She woke up and from what I could understand her saying, she kept asking how long she was out because she said it felt like weeks. She said she couldn't move her body and she was having alot of complication even trying to talk. She was fine about 2 1/2 hours later but she has some brain damage from it now.

I've heard it's a very popular date rape drug though.
    Ive never done it. Dont really intend to as I've never heard anything to encouraging about it. I remember seeing a documentary on tv about paramedics one time, and they administered Ketamine to some guy who had jumped off of a railway arch and broken both of his legs in pretty much every place. And instead of screaming from the pain, he ended up screaming about the halucinations the shit gave him. Didnt sound so cool after that. lol.
    Blnde_BombShell, that sounded like a k hole.

Even though i've never it i want to and will some time.
    In a sentance. Its a confusing head fuck.
    Last time I took it I felt like a new born baby. I just had to touch and feel everything. Its crazy stuff :)
    Had a little line last week on my way into town, it's good stuff.

Just kept zoning into stuff and having well 'deep' thoughts. Didn't really hit me until I got out of the car when my body was really light (to the point of feeling like I was floating rather than walking) and my sentences weren't flowing as easily as possible. :p

Nice stuff, just be careful 'cos (with me anyway) it's really moreish.
    i've done ket a few times....not a lot...i like it tho. i'm not doing it at the moment cos i have real life problems and a lot on my mind. once i get the probs sorted out...i might well do some more :)

it's used as a medical tranquiliser, because it can be made so pure - it's used on new born babies

basically it does just that - "tranquilises" you..your muscles and your brain.

different doses give completely different experiences...a corner of a card may just give a "muffled" experience for half an hour, while a 1/4g line could take you under for an hour or two, and you'll come out of it after that over the course of 2-3 hours.

it doesn't take you "up" - it's a "downer" - there's no comedown as SUCH, but you might feel a bit sickly or dizzy or "strange" after you come back to normal for a little while. should be fine a day later.

you should only take it when you're in safe surroundings (would NOT recommend doing anything other than WALKING on it - preferably sitting in a nice comfy chair somewhere), since it basically disables you for a bit....also only take it when you're in a nice good mood. since it disables you're "higher" brain functions - you're basic brain functions take over. if you're in a bad mood or upset or depressed, those probs will be what you think of when you're under the influence.

sometimes you can tell when you've done k because it also tranquilises your eye muscles - you won't be able to focus, so you;ll need to cover one eye to get a single image. if you do quite a lot (say a line or two) you might loose sight for a bit, and if you close your eyes you might see images flying about randomly .

couple of hours later you should be more or less back to normal.
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    My dealer calls it "Special K" (like the cereal)

He's always trying to get me to buy some but my friend had a really bad experience with it, so I will probably try it once just to see if it's stronger than H. My D said I'd get a high from Special K how I would get one from H. He said I'd be really mellow and calm.

When my friend did it (I didn't see how much she had though) she didnt feel anything for a few minutes then was out cold. She woke up and from what I could understand her saying, she kept asking how long she was out because she said it felt like weeks. She said she couldn't move her body and she was having alot of complication even trying to talk. She was fine about 2 1/2 hours later but she has some brain damage from it now.

I've heard it's a very popular date rape drug though.

First of all its nothing like heroin, that is a pain killing ephoriant, ketamine is a dissassociative anesthetic.

Its not 'stronger' that heroin really, but then those types of comparisons are next to meaningless really. It will probably be more dramatic than heroin if you did go fully under with a large dose but thats because it can be a hallucinogen, something heroin clearly isnt.

As others have said small doses will make you a bit 'out of it' almost as though you are stonned, but different. Strong doses are not for the faint hearted, you need to be well versed in trips before trying it. You can have full out of body experiences, spend hours or even days in a totally life/body/place, this can be beautiful or deeply ugly.

Has your friend had the brain damage proven? I presume you mean a negative mental health impact because ketamine is actually a very very safe drug physically. It can however be very addictive so it should not be used on a regular basis at all.

As for it being a 'date-rape drug' personally I hate that term and I think its bull shit. Many drugs are used in this context but clearly the main one is alcohol. Just because a drug has been used to date-rape someone does NOT mean it is a 'date-rape drug. This term has been coined to clearly infer that the drug has no other use.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    I remember seeing a documentary on tv about paramedics one time, and they administered Ketamine to some guy who had jumped off of a railway arch and broken both of his legs in pretty much every place. And instead of screaming from the pain, he ended up screaming about the halucinations the shit gave him. Didnt sound so cool after that. lol.

I saw that too, and none of the health professionals I know can believe an adult was given Ketamine. They give it to children and animals (commonly horses) because they are incapable of abstract thought, and thus don't have the capacity to be disassociated, or removed from their reality.

TheSite has some more information here and the Erowid info page is here.
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Has your friend had the brain damage proven? I presume you mean a negative mental health impact because ketamine is actually a very very safe drug physically. It can however be very addictive so it should not be used on a regular basis at all.

It's well documented that Ketamine and other dissociatives cause lesions to the brain.
    Could you post up a link to that info? I would like to read a bit more about it, and it would be handy to use as a reference....

Edited to say, I have had a quick search on Erowid and found this article, which refers to a 1998 paper by William E. White, published to Usenet and the Web, titled 'This is Your Brain on Dissociatives: The Bad News is Finally In' - is this the one you were referring to?

Interestingly, the article I have linked to refutes some of the claims made in the original paper, and basically says that there is not enough research to prove anything conclusively. Some more infor to read up on would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Could you post up a link to that info? I would like to read a bit more about it, and it would be handy to use as a reference....

Edited to say, I have had a quick search on Erowid and found this article, which refers to a 1998 paper by William E. White, published to Usenet and the Web, titled 'This is Your Brain on Dissociatives: The Bad News is Finally In' - is this the one you were referring to?

Interestingly, the article I have linked to refutes some of the claims made in the original paper, and basically says that there is not enough research to prove anything conclusively. Some more infor to read up on would be appreciated.

It's not the specific article no. I was under the impression it was an accepted fact amongst circles who used it, certainly everyone i've known who's used ketamine mentions the danger of lesions from excessive use.
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    It's well documented that Ketamine and other dissociatives cause lesions to the brain.

Actually, I think the jury is still out on that one.

Ketamine is the weirdest drug I've ever taken, and I've taken a lot of drugs in my time.
    Full on cosmic multi-dimensional time travel, confusion and Picasso paintings.

Yes, she has mental brain damage, but physically she's fine, its obvious though that she's very slow.
    Has she had a CAT scan or similar to establish brain damage? Or is it purely psychological?
    I haven't asked her much about it but from what I know she had alot of internal bleeding in her brain. And I guess the only way to find that out is from a CAT scan..... or something similar to that...:chin:

She's been in and out of counseling since that happened. We haven't talked for a long time and that was the last I heard from her. :(
    If she's like you and shooting speedballs, that would be the more likely culprit.
    If not, then thats interesting, I know people who do a lot of ket (like a gram in one go), and nothing like that has ever happened.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    If she's like you and shooting speedballs, that would be the more likely culprit.
    If not, then thats interesting, I know people who do a lot of ket (like a gram in one go), and nothing like that has ever happened.

She's done alot more drugs than me, for sure. I was just a beginner with drugs when this happened to her. It's very likely that it could be from the other drugs she's done.
    LadyJade; Ketamine is also given to the elderly on occasions as well, it is a very useful anesthetic, it knocks you out with next to no impact upon the CNS and physically no real harm.

As for it causing harm, I've always heard it was a relatively harmless drug, however snorting it cant be good for you.
    I saw that yesterday Bong, and assumed it was used for elderly people who were, shall we say, not in their right minds anyway? Maybe that's a bit harsh, it is probably more likely to be used on elderly patients as an anasthetic because it doesn't affect respiration like other anasthetics can.

That said, it seems from my brief research that the main danger in taking it recreationally is that it can make you feel nauseous and lead to vomiting, which you really don't want whilst unconcious or incapable of moving. It also seems as though the harm is in the psychological state it puts you in.
    Oh, definately, I was sick on it myself once, though it was only a relatively minor dose. It wasnt nice.

Any time you might be sick and under is very dangerous, if you are doing a k-hole then a sitter is important.

I think psychological damage can be done by ket, as with any hallucinogen it shouldnt be used by those with existing mental health concerns. However having said that I dont think that ketamine is technically a hallucinogen.
    You are right, it isn't, as you said before it is a disassociative. From what I understand, it doesn't alter you reality so much as remove you from it. I imagine it may be something like night terrors?
    Whether or not it is a hallucinogen is somewhat a pointless debate because to a user does it really matter if it is a dissassociative with hallucinogenic effects or a true hallucinogen? Probably not, but then it gives us a good chance to use long words.

As for its effects, many people I know have loved it, my wife had a very pleasurable experience. She had a total out of body experience where she wandered around a big body which was god while Bjork played in the background.

However, others I know who have done it have really had nasty experiences thinking they have died etc.
    although that might be pleasurable as well. one of my friends thought she ahd died on it but she didn't really care as if where she was was death then it was a pretty nice place.

as you said though, whatever it's classed as you do see some wierd stuff on it. muppet that i am i nearly k-holed on a path in middle of campsite at glastonbury but managed to accidently find my tent again thank god.
    As for it causing harm, I've always heard it was a relatively harmless drug, however snorting it cant be good for you. [/B]

be warned, the "drip" (when the powder turns liquidy at the back of your nose and "drips" down the back of your throat) is one of the worst tastes/tangs you will experience, EVER. :yuck: :yuck: :shocking:
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    although that might be pleasurable as well. one of my friends thought she ahd died on it but she didn't really care as if where she was was death then it was a pretty nice place.

my first deep hole (i've only had about 3) my exact thoughts were "If I'm not dying, this is great"

as you said though, whatever it's classed as you do see some wierd stuff on it. muppet that i am i nearly k-holed on a path in middle of campsite at glastonbury but managed to accidently find my tent again thank god. [/B]

oops :)
    Originally posted by Threepio
    be warned, the "drip" (when the powder turns liquidy at the back of your nose and "drips" down the back of your throat) is one of the worst tastes/tangs you will experience, EVER. :yuck: :yuck: :shocking:

Hmm, I never thought that, for some reason I've always found a glucose cut in speed the worse, its something about the sickly sweetness of it makes me want to gag.
    the sweet taste i don't mind, it's the sheer chemical evilness of stuff like mdma or speed as it drips down which is horrible.
    Horses for courses I suppose, I've always found the proper chemical burn from amphet or meth reassuring, you know whats going to come next.
    it's reassuring but it still mings. :) at least i know if it tastes that bad then something good is going to come of it.
This discussion has been closed.