Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

applications and stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I'm going to turn in a few applications to some places. Nothing fancy, just some minimum wage shit job. I'm going to fax them in because the places are located 400 miles away in a place where I soon hope to live if I get a job there. Should I attach a general thing stating something along the lines why my address is so far away from there or something like that (not really that but I hope you get the idea), and if so, what should it be about. Or should I just leave the app how it is. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Do you have an address down there that you could put on? if so i would do that, and say you are faxing because you are out of town for a bit.
  • Options
    that would make it ackward if (god please let it happen) they called back for an interview and I had to schedule it around a time when I would have time to travel up there, but them thinking that i had an address just a few miles away.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    that would make it ackward if (god please let it happen) they called back for an interview and I had to schedule it around a time when I would have time to travel up there, but them thinking that i had an address just a few miles away.

Ahh but then you say you're out visiting relatives or something, which wouldn't be too far from the truth.

Dunno I'm just thinking of a few ideas because I think people like to see that their employees have a base nearby.