Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Children & double beds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got the idea of this thread from a convo between my 35 year old bro & my mum. The convo went along the lines of my mum asking my bro why he needed a double bed when he's a single male. It's quite obvious to me the reason why;) but obviously not my mum:D

So I think it's really wrong for under 16 year olds to have double beds as they shouldn't need the extra space because they shouldn't be having a night guest.

Also, I feel it could provoke under age sex as well because of the luxury of a double rather than a single. Like lets have sex at mine i've got a double.

What do people reckon?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Children & double beds
    Originally posted by Crispy
    So I think it's really wrong for under 16 year olds to have double beds as they shouldn't need the extra space because they shouldn't be having a night guest.
    What do people reckon?

I'm sorry but what a load of bullshit.

I've had a double bed since I was 12, I've never had anybody else in it apart from me, I like to stretch out, and be able to roll over without falling out of the bed.

Having a double bed doesnt necessarily mean you'll be shagging in it every night.
  • Options
    My brother has a double bed because of the dog.. well he did anyway... now he's using it for fucking though but when he got it he didn't
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    My brother has a double bed because of the dog he's fucking

That's right. :p
  • Options
    In the kitchen there is a draw full of knives .. but it don't mean I'm planning to go out and stab someone!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    That's right. :p

his gf uses the boards.. and is also one of franki's friends..

but :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I have had a double bed since I moved into my flat. It's made me realise what I've been missing out on. I do admit I've been doing stuff on that bed a few times, but that's because I don't live with my mum anymore, not because of the bed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Ive had a double bed since I was 14. Could never go back now. I mean I can share a bed. But not go back to a single. It's too small. I love the feeling of getting lost in the covers.

.... Move over dear ... and stop nicking the covers .. :D
  • Options
    When I was younger, it used to be all the spoilt brats who got a double bed, I was so fucking jealous.

I remember Mam saying the same thing to me, I didn't need a double bed for <enter bullshit reason here>, and I wouldn't get one until I had my own place.

Could never go back now.
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to go back to sleeping in a single bed. They're too small. Then again a standard double bed is too small for me too - my feet hang over the end, and/or I just can't stretch out properly. :( So I have to lie sort of across the bed to be sort of comfy and have the room to spread out.
    So I don't think there's a problem with anybody having a double bed. Just because it's made to sleep two doesn't mean you have to sleep two in the bed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I wouldn't want to go back to sleeping in a single bed. They're too small. Then again a standard double bed is too small for me too - my feet hang over the end, and/or I just can't stretch out properly. :( So I have to lie sort of across the bed to be sort of comfy and have the room to spread out.
    So I don't think there's a problem with anybody having a double bed. Just because it's made to sleep two doesn't mean you have to sleep two in the bed.

I take it you're tall then. I'm five foot six so I've never had that problem :lol:
  • Options
    I have a double bed - had it for a few years now, never done anything in it but sleep :P

I'm 15 btw
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    I take it you're tall then. I'm five foot six so I've never had that problem :lol:
    6' 1", so I only just fit a normal double bed. :( Can't stretch out properly in one, and it always feels too small. :(
  • Options
    what about when u got the female company.. you kick her out then :p
  • Options
    6' 1", so I only just fit a normal double bed. :( Can't stretch out properly in one, and it always feels too small. :(

I didn't realise that double beds were so short! I thought that they should all cater for people who are at least 6'4" in height, seeing as the average height is increasing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    what about when u got the female company.. you kick her out then :p
    In that event, I can accomodate. Easier when she's quite short though, as then I have more room. :)
  • Options
    In that event, I can accomodate. Easier when she's quite short though, as then I have more room. :)

what if she's tall
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Um, I had a double bed when I was *thinks* 16 or 17. Me mam reckoned that it would be better for guests coming to stay.

i got one at about the same age for exactly the same reason.

every time my grandparents came to stay, i'd get booted out onto the computer room floor :(
  • Options
    I love my single bed. Sure I'd love a double but it doesn't really bother me.
  • Options
    its better to have a double bed than to have your friends stay over with you in a single bed.
  • Options
    You couldn't even fit a double bed in my room. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    You couldn't even fit a double bed in my room. :(

same.
  • Options
    ive had a kingsize bed since i was 14...never had anyone but my little sister sleep in it when she falls asleep watching a movie.

dont think id ever shag someone in it...even though nobody would hear in my house...i just wouldnt feel comfortable
  • Options
    I don't think you should assume that people who have double beds are getting some!

I've got a double bed, and have had for 2 years. My bedroom's nice and big and so it makes sense. :D
  • Options
    Sorry cripsy but your chatting cheese.
    Most people I know who have double beds have them because they are tall and need to sleep diagonally and single beds are just to small. I got my first double bed when I was 13/14 and that was because I kept falling out of my single bed.
    When I got my second one at 16 it was over a year before i christened it. So yea as I was saying....just because someone has a double bed dont meant that the only reason for it is for sex.
  • Options
    I don't think just having a double bed is going to make people have sex in them. If that was true by just lieing on a mates bed I would have to be have sex with them :yeees:
    I don't see a problem with a double bed. Unfortunatly my room is tiny and I do not have one. I have a crappy bunk thing. :(
  • Options
    i had a double bed since i was about 12, and started having sex at 16. it didnt make me shag anyone any faster.

its real awkward having sex in a single tho! i love my double :D:D
  • Options
    Re: Children & double beds
    Originally posted by Crispy
    I got the idea of this thread from a convo between my 35 year old bro & my mum. The convo went along the lines of my mum asking my bro why he needed a double bed when he's a single male. It's quite obvious to me the reason why;) but obviously not my mum:D

Also, I feel it could provoke under age sex as well because of the luxury of a double rather than a single. Like lets have sex at mine i've got a double.

What do people reckon?
    I've never heard so much fuckin crap in my life, "i'm going to stay a virgin til im 16! i've got a single bed"
  • Options
    What a load of bollocks.

Sure, a double bed makes sex more comfortable, but having a single bed isn't going to mean that the child will stay celibate. It's perfectly possible to have sex in a single bed, or on the floor, or on the settee, or on the front lawn in the pouring rain.
  • Options
    I had a single bed until i left home & i wasnt a virgin, after all you start off one on top the other most of the time :p.