Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Internet Explorer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im asking this on behalf of a friend.

This is what he said :
i click on any link on any website and my net window closes

What he means is when ever he clicks a link in IE it shuts down his current window, but when he right clicks and selects open in new window it doesnt happen.

Its been happening for over a week now!

He's run adaware, a virus scan, done everthing i could think of and he could think of still nothing works it continues to shut his currently open IE window so anyone got any other solutions, and please dont say get rid and use Firefox etc i already told him that but he wouldnt listen :p

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Re: Internet Explorer
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Im asking this on behalf of a friend.

This is what he said :

What he means is when ever he clicks a link in IE it shuts down his current window, but when he right clicks and selects open in new window it doesnt happen.

Its been happening for over a week now!

He's run adaware, a virus scan, done everthing i could think of and he could think of still nothing works it continues to shut his currently open IE window so anyone got any other solutions, and please dont say get rid and use Firefox etc i already told him that but he wouldnt listen :p

:confused:

I'd try re-installing IE of just download a newer version instead.

To my knowledge I don't remember a pref that says to open link in new window & close the old window.
  • Options
    i dont mind microsoft too much, after all i use xp on my laptop and a desktop as well so i cant complain too much

yet i would recommend using a different browser from internet explorer, it seems to be the one thing that hackers and script kiddies target, is a microsoft product so had more holes than a holy colander etc

i went and got opera

but firefox is also quite decent from what i have seen
  • Options
    i would reinstall explorer just like crispy said :D