Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Amelie (the film)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone else seen it?? what do you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I found this a really good movie, almost magical. I liked the odd camera shots, and Audrey Tatou is an excellent actress in it. 8/10!
  • Options
    yeah i thought it was fantastic too. Had to watch it a couple times before though, and have probably seen it a few to many times now (must be in double figures now!).

Can't wait for Jeunet's new film, also starring Audrey Tautou, 'Un long dimanche de fiançailles' out in france in october - dunno when it'll come to this country, not long after i hope.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    They'd told me it was very good, but I didn't like it as much. It had some funny bits, some not so funny bits and that was pretty much all. Nothing special.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    They'd told me it was very good, but I didn't like it as much. It had some funny bits, some not so funny bits and that was pretty much all. Nothing special.

watch it again! (if you can bear to) The first time i saw it, i wasn't too keen, but it really does grow on you. every time i watch it i spot something different
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i really enjoyed amelie, it was a nice, quirky film :)
  • Options
    I preferred Delicatessen personally....
  • Options
    As somebody who's interested in the arts and photography... yeah, it's beautiful... wonderfully directed... brilliantly written... it's well up in my top 10.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by punkbabe
    I preferred Delicatessen personally....

another good film :yes:
  • Options
    Does anybody know where I can find a suicidal goldfish by any chance?
  • Options
    I also preferred delicateson (cant flippin spell today!) but it may be as I was tired when I watched amelie-both were good and unusual
  • Options
    amelie was (and probably still is) my ex gfs favourite movie, and she made me watch it, its the most extravagant piece of film makling ive seen all year "sans toi les emotions aujordui ne seraint ....feck i forgot the rest, still it was great
  • Options
    "Sans tu, les emotions d'aujourd'hui ne seraient que la peau morte des emotions d'autrefois." - Hipolito
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shining on
    "Sans tu, les emotions d'aujourd'hui ne seraient que la peau morte des emotions d'autrefois." - Hipolito
    i remembered that as soon as i left,i swear
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    i remembered that as soon as i left,i swear

Vous etês français(e)? Où est-ce que parlez-vous français?
  • Options
    erm....lol my french is shit, the only reason i sortve knew that other bit was because my ex girlfriend used to say it to me all the time, and it always made me go all wobbly at the knees.......i'm just gonna nip out the back and shoot myself
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    erm....lol my french is shit, the only reason i sortve knew that other bit was because my ex girlfriend used to say it to me all the time, and it always made me go all wobbly at the knees.......i'm just gonna nip out the back and shoot myself

that's ok. was just asking if you were, or spoke French. 'cos i'm learning a the moment. never mind!