Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What is it with movies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
That the bullets from guns always bounce of or never go through a barrell or a car door were as it should blow a whole right through it,
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    shhhhhh
  • Options
    just a curious question, google doesn't answer much
  • Options
    movies = entertainment

bullets don't go through car doors because Chow Yun Fat doesn't look cool dead
  • Options
    Altavista translator doesn't do Gobbeldygook into English, sadly.

Facist bastards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    movies = entertainment

I'm still quite confused as to why you are still online.

And to retain some relevance - how do you know their car isn't bullet proof?
  • Options
    AND AND!! Why when they get injured real bad and what would obviously knock out and severly brain damage most humans...they always manage to muster enough strength to kick the shit out of their opponent i.e. the end of panic room where the baddy is hurt bad lots, and is hit in the head with a sledgehammer...and keeps coming back....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    movies = entertainment

sorry,

Seriously.. you see in films 12bullets hit an engines hood/bonnet and in real life one would go through and shatter the engine block or split a hose, hit a piston ring, a car door would have a whole the size of a small tangarine from a 7.62mm 5.56mm round
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I'm still quite confused as to why you are still online.

And to retain some relevance - how do you know their car isn't bullet proof?

so someone hyjacks a car in the middle of new york or some other film set in america and it just happens to be bullet prove, the only time.

Also when watching a film once I saw bullets hit the glass windowscreen.. go through but diapear, no whole in the chair/person no whole in the rear window.. what happened to it.. it disapeared..

and yes malteser I don't get that either.. they can take like 100000000000000 bullets and live..
  • Options
    are you stupid? as jim said, actors dont look good dead. there isnt any way around it. end of. muppet.

ETA: maybe i was being a bit harsh, your points are valid, but they're stupid ones. the logistics of it all is pretty much impossible. and you know it is. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly
    are you stupid? as jim said, actors dont look good dead. there isnt any way around it. end of. muppet.

Ooo don't be soo mean! He can post what he likes-he's just highlighting how we're all taken in by movies but realistically,most of it's not humanely impossible. Clever though, how a producer knows when it's too much, we can all be like, totally bowled over and taken in, without stepping back and thinking..."Oh come on, this is just ridiculous"...I know I got taken with "The day after tomorrow"...dude...I loved that movie!
  • Options
    I mean like special effects.. the car should stop when shot in the bonnet.. not go faster.. and when the front window screen is shot up so should the seats/interior or back window even using the special effects..

Obviously I don't mean use life fucking ammo:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: What is it with movies
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    That the bullets from guns always bounce of or never go through a barrell or a car door were as it should blow a whole right through it,

actually, out of curiosity, are you a firearms expert? How do you know it should go straight through?
  • Options
    Re: Re: What is it with movies
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    actually, out of curiosity, are you a firearms expert? How do you know it should go straight through?

a 7.62mm Ak 47 round will go straight through a standard car door, heck a 5.56 will i am no expert, i know alot..
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I remember MAD magazine had an "asrticle" about things that only (and always) happen in movies, like the hero escaping the bomb only at the last moment and stuff. The reason, as others have said, is simple: It would be dull if the guy escaped and had 5 mins or something to watch the bomb explode or if he was killed the first time someone points a gun at him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    I remember MAD magazine had an "asrticle" about things that only (and always) happen in movies, like the hero escaping the bomb only at the last moment and stuff. The reason, as others have said, is simple: It would be dull if the guy escaped and had 5 mins or something to watch the bomb explode or if he was killed the first time someone points a gun at him.

I would like to see atleast one realistic movie though,
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, I know. When I read that magazine, I thought about writing a scenario for a movie that would have all those things.
  • Options
    why not.. do it :thumb:
  • Options

It'd be a short film.

Seriously, you can't expect an action-type movie to be realistic, and have bullets behaving properly. All the major stars would be dead within 5 minutes of the film starting. Not much of a film then is it?
  • Options
    so someone hyjacks a car in the middle of new york or some other film set in america and it just happens to be bullet prove, the only time.
    yes.

god, where's your sense of imagination?!
  • Options
    There's plenty of realistic movies, just not action movies.

You're talking about a whole genre that is based around hero's overcoming rediculous odds so by it's very nature it's unrealistic.

If you want to see the realistic effects of violence go and volunteer at a local A&E ward, just don't expect to find it entertaining.
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    Ooo don't be soo mean!

i admitted it was harsh, hence the ETA bit at the bottom dear. come on now, keep up there at the back ;)
  • Options
    There's plenty of realistic movies, just not action movies.

You're talking about a whole genre that is based around hero's overcoming rediculous odds so by it's very nature it's unrealistic.

If you want to see the realistic effects of violence go and volunteer at a local A&E ward, just don't expect to find it entertaining.

Mmmm... well you cna have relalistic movies, BHD, Saving private ryan, we were solders
  • Options
    Hellfire, have you got Asperger's or something? You are looking at this from a completely logical prospective.
  • Options
    Mmmm... well you cna have relalistic movies, BHD, Saving private ryan, we were solders

You watch Anime. Surely you've realised by now thgings don't have to be realistic?
  • Options
    I'd argue that war movies don't really fall into the same category as action movies.

on top of that I'd only give you the first 10 minutes of Saving Ryan as realistic out of those you mentioned - ten men and some oil soaked socks did not regularly stop platoons of german soldiers and two tanks.

Hamburger Hill and Band of Brothers are closer - but both are more a mix of war and drama.
  • Options
    I'd argue that war movies don't really fall into the same category as action movies.

on top of that I'd only give you the first 10 minutes of Saving Ryan as realistic out of those you mentioned - ten men and some oil soaked socks did not regularly stop platoons of german soldiers and two tanks.

Hamburger Hill and Band of Brothers are closer - but both are more a mix of war and drama.

I do agree with you Jim.. and yes I don't think everything should be relaistic..I think they could make somethings more relalistic, nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    On a similar note, why are a supervillains henchmen always so redicously stupid and are unable to fight themselves out of a paper bag :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    On a similar note, why are a supervillains henchmen always so redicously stupid and are unable to fight themselves out of a paper bag :p

I know. :(