Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

British Telecom

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
Why the hell do anyone use those mongs as an ISP?

The dialup service is a rip-off, 150 hours is nothing.

As for the broadband with limited bandwidth, even AOHell don't have the limit.

I'll never understand it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, that's 5 hours a day over a 30 day month, so, for your average working person, I'd say that's a fair amount. You could come home at 6 and surf until 11, which is your entire evening.

Really, only hard core surfers are going to need more hours than that.

And they'll have researched a different internet package, surely ? :p
  • Options
    30gb of bandwidth per month is fine for me. May change to F9 after a few months, I've heard their tops.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    30gb of bandwidth per month is fine for me. May change to F9 after a few months, I've heard their tops.

I was with them a few years ago and the service was generally ok, but the customer service was crap if you wanted anything changed or if anything broke at their end, as it frequently did.

Don't know if they have changed.
  • Options
    Yeah I think they have, I was speaking to a bloke yesterday who uses them for his buniness and he says their very good.
  • Options
    theyre the basis of my adsl, but i wouldnt trust them with the actual regular servicing from their end

thats why i use plusnet
  • Options
    I might get cable, NTL keep offering me 1Mb a second. But I've got such a fast connection at work I dont think I'll bother.
  • Options
    We're with BT - the one with 150 hours. Pipex broadband is cheaper than our dial up.

Were with them because dad thinks that its "adequate for our needs" (he'll get a shock wen the phone bill comes after the summer holidays...I just leave it on :\)

He also likes it because its one less bill to pay as its on the same piece of paper. Silly twat.