Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

"The Championship"

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Am I the only one enraged by this pointless re-branding of the First Division (and the lower league Divisions as well, who now 'move up a place' :rolleyes: ).

As if it weren't stupid enough having to speak of "the old First Division" when speaking of what is now known as the Premiershit... in a few years from now we're going to have to make a distinction between "the old old First Division" (Premiershit) and "the not so old First Division" (now Championshit).

What a load of utter fucking wank!!! :mad:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's what happens when you let an ex-Tory minister and a load of gaylord advertising executives run English football.

Get rid of the Premiershit, have Divisions One to Four, and get rid of all this nonsense. At least the game would be fairer then.
  • Options
    I like it but only cos it sounds better than being in Div 1.
  • Options
    I hate it, why confuse everything?
  • Options
    I only found this out when i was looking for Division 1 and got confused when I saw division 2 teams. It does seem silly to me. So the third division down is Division 1 now :yeees:
  • Options
    Try explaining all this to a ten year old who doesn't even remember there being a Div 4...

Rumour has it that Div1 (new) is going to be renamed "La Liga" and Div 2 (new) will be called "Serie A"... :)
  • Options
    I'm just wiating fopr the Vauxhall Conference to be re-named the "world superbowl league" or something.

Soon the Unibond League will be Division One...
  • Options
    Everyone's going 'up' then. Hooray!

Presently we're in the ''Ryman League Division One ''. Time to drop the first two words then? :D
  • Options
    I fucking hate it! Apparently, according to the blurb, the Football League is "reclaiming" The Championship. I bet the Premier League are shitting themselves.
  • Options
    Being a foreigner and all, could someone explain to me in a few words the history of the Premiership ? I know it was created in the early nineties. But why did it come to be? Was it some plot from rich clubs to create an alternative league with their own TV rights or something?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Being a foreigner and all, could someone explain to me in a few words the history of the Premiership ? I know it was created in the early nineties. But why did it come to be? Was it some plot from rich clubs to create an alternative league with their own TV rights or something?

Er... yes that's pretty much what happened.

The top 20-odd clubs were fed up with giving money to the lower leagues and thought it would be better to share the pot with 19 other clubs rather than 72.

Basically.

I think there was a bit of a power struggle with the League too though...