Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ebay sorry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i am bidding on something & i want to enter automatic bidding up to a tenner, how do i do it please?

Comments

• Options
    bid now --> Enter £10.00
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    bid now --> Enter £10.00

but does that make it jump from 5 straight to 10? I don't want to pay that much if it goes cheaper.
  • Options
    all bidding automatically bids you up on ebay. Just put in a tenner and it'll bid you up to that but no further.
  • Options
    this should probably be in computers & net ect sorry i genuinely forgot, can you move it please?
  • Options
    It won't bid you up to £10 straight from £5 as long as the reserve (if it has one) isn't £10 or above. all bidding on ebay is automatic bidding, it won't go up to that amount unless it has to.
  • Options
    Ok thanks :).
  • Options
    Yeah because both the accounts would effectively be bidding each other over n over because it is automatic...it just goes straight up.

Can be quite frustrating I have to admit. Every time I bid on something it always seems I am outbid straight away because of this.

The best way I have found is to either wait until last minute then auto-bid before they have a chance or to only bid on items that end mid day a weekday so there is a fairly good chance the other person is in work and can't bid over me.

There are a few sites out there that can bid for you within seconds before the end of a bid closure but I think the ones I have seen charge a fee per membership.