Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sky TV

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
When the weathers bad, does anybody elses sky digital just cease to work, or is it just mine?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Sky TV
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    When the weathers bad, does anybody elses sky digital just cease to work, or is it just mine?

Rain and snow etc affect the signal as they are barriers for the waves.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rain and snow affect the signal because the satellite dish cannot receive the signal. Heavy cloud can also do this.

Just got to wait for the weatehr to clear.
  • Options
    Ok. Its a bit of a rip off then...we pay £40 a month for something that only works when the weathers good. Ah well. Thanks anyway :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    Ok. Its a bit of a rip off then...we pay £40 a month for something that only works when the weathers good. Ah well. Thanks anyway :)

It works 99% of the time. The weatehr has to be severe, as it is at the minute.

Moderately heavy rain doesn't normally affect it, the electric storms do though. And so does torrential rain.

But normal TV signals don't get through in really bad weather either.
  • Options
    The waves for digital tv are shorter, or something, less space per channel, so digital is more likely to be weather affected than oldey worldey tv.

tadaaaa