Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Power lead.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
I've got a problem with my lap top power lead.

I have to jiggle it for a while before the light comes on and it actually charges.

I dont want to have to piss about with it every time I use the computer and its really unreliable.

Is there anyway it can be fixed or is it knackered?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think its knackered, thats what happened with my old monitor until one day when i ould see all the wires and the screen wouldnt even turn on so i went out and picked up a nice new one. have a look about, you may be able to pick one up for cheap, but until then i think may just have to keep up the jiggling :p
  • Options
    Bugger, its a good lap top too, not massively new but it was really quick when it was bought and its still decent now.
  • Options
    i dont think the laptops buggered, the inside of the cable might be damaged, the only reason i had to buy a new monitor was becasue the cable went inside my monitor so it wasnt as easy as buying a new cable. i would buy a new cable and see if that makes any improvement if not then you know for sure that its the connections on the laptop.
  • Options
    The cables fine I think, you can feel the pug in the back of the lap top has moved in a tiny bit. I was expecting you geeks would know some quick and easy way to repair it.
  • Options
    It's probably some of the internal connector bits have come loose, an electrician will probably fix it with no problem for you, but they charge a lot. I don't know exactly what you'd have to do inside so... sorry I can't be of mre assistance.
  • Options
    Oh well, fiddling it is then.