Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Need a Hand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im having an annoying little thing in explorer thats bugging me, my av is a gif but it doesnt move, the smilies dont move as they used to do, havent a clue whats happened. any help in resolving this would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Try this.

In IE go to tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Scroll down to Multimedia and see tick 'show animations in webpages'.
  • Options
    it still doesnt work, i havent a clue what the hells wrong. i reinstalled windows yesterday but i've never had a problem like this before.
  • Options
    did you refresh the page after enabling "show animations"?
  • Options
    yeah, the button was already ticked but gifs dont seem to move. havent a clue why not though.
  • Options
    i found out what the problem was, i had an overprotective firewall running which didnt allow me to see moving gifs. thanks to yous who replied :D