Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

How did your teams do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well?

Good draw:p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    :lol:

Who do ya support?
  • Options
    Do you eva go and see em? What do you think you'll do??

I like BBC 1 for football, that Gabby Logan ????? got right on my nerves:mad:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Briony
    I like BBC 1 for football, that Gabby Logan ????? got right on my nerves:mad:

Shame ITV still have the Championship highlights!
  • Options
    Re: How did your teams do?
    Originally posted by Briony
    Nice to see Derby loosing:D :lol:

Derby were shit! I feel sorry for their keeper with a name like Lee Camp!! Leeds were pretty good, Ricketts showed himself a lazy bastard, impressed with Walton and Richardson and the youth coming through, mixed with the experience of Radebe and Deane! If the team continue to gel well things can only improve.

What a bargain Neil Sullivan is showing to be already.
  • Options
    pleased with a point. IN which will prob be our toughest away game atr leicester. Could of won though.
  • Options
    We lost. At Hartlepool. As expected.

The refereeing has been crap- B*rnl*y got a dubious point, Wigan were robbed by the Twatty Trees (whom I hope get relegated), and St*ke (who I hope join the Twatty Trees) robbed Wolves.

And the fucking Town Bastards won. Very dubiously. As always.
  • Options
    Re: Re: How did your teams do?
    Originally posted by JsT
    What a bargain Neil Sullivan is showing to be already.

:yes:

He's probably the best goalkeeper outside the Premiershit. I've always rated him, even when Totteringham wouldn't play him.
  • Options
    we lost :(

but we started off so well when Molango got us a 1-0 lead in 14 seconds after kickoff
  • Options
    Pleased enough with a 0-0 against the unwashed Govan filth I suppose.

Although it's rather worrying that our new boss has obviously been influenced by the Rangers fans who make certain offensive hand gestures...

calderwood08.jpg

Next thing you know he'll be "boosting team morale" by encouraging our players and fans to sing songs about killing Catholics :rolleyes: :eek: :p
  • Options
    We drew with Kiddeminster, 0-0, wernt too bad, we had a crappy ref too! Got Northampton Town on Tuesday though! Yes! Can't Wait!

Millsy_Magic
    xXx
  • Options
    Won 3-1, it's only the Community Shield but still always nice to get 1 up on Man Who??... go on the Arsenal! :D
  • Options
    Cardiff City. .Im not a hooligan

Drew 2 all with Crewe.

A win would have been nice but at least it is not a loss
  • Options
    We lost to Coventry :(

Should have come away with at least a point, 2-0 definitely wasn't a reflection of how the game played out but can't deny the penalty was deserved. Refereeing was pretty dead on so nowt to complain about except Reid and 'is monkey's heed :crying:
  • Options
    0-0 with west ham but Lilian Nalis (french men have the right to be called Lilian) hit the cross bar. And then a few minutes later Dion Dublin gets sent off on his debut for tapping Rufus Brevett on the knee. It was still quite even though we had ten men for most of the game and then we all waved Rufus Brevett cheerio when he got sent off 5 mins from full time.

Bring on Derby on wednesday!!
  • Options
    Re: Re: How did your teams do?

Early signs from Leeds look promising with the new look side. Thought Joachim looked quick and will be a decent outlet for the season. Agree with JST Ricketts looked lazy but was a good target for flicking the ball on, how someone so big can get muscled off a ball so easily though is beyond me. Frazer Richardson looked good, pretty tricky. Dany Pugh was excellent for me, shame he's a scum at heart but as long as he performs like that every week I don't care. Walton andWright were a bit quiet in the middle of the park in the 1st half but seemed to be more involved in the 2nd, maybe the Div1 bunging up the field missed them out of the play. The defence were very much solid, Duuuuuuubs was excellent and I think the signing of Butler is a very good one. Kelly and Kilgallon also excellent. As was sullivan.

So altogether I'm happy, 3 points in the bag and some promising signs from the new look Leeds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dave_lcfc
    0-0 with west ham but Lilian Nalis (french men have the right to be called Lilian) hit the cross bar. And then a few minutes later Dion Dublin gets sent off on his debut for tapping Rufus Brevett on the knee. It was still quite even though we had ten men for most of the game and then we all waved Rufus Brevett cheerio when he got sent off 5 mins from full time.

Bring on Derby on wednesday!!

lol. that is quite bias! If we harewood had one of his better days we would of won.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Godders
    lol. that is quite bias! If we harewood had one of his better days we would of won.

Yeah, just a shame that Leicester would have won if Brevett wasn't the cheating little twat that we all know and despise.

I'd laugh so hard if West Ham went down again.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: How did your teams do?
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    So altogether I'm happy, 3 points in the bag and some promising signs from the new look Leeds.

What I want to know is which set of pond life were booing Duberry all afternoon long? He's probably your best centre-back, he's far better than most in that division.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: How did your teams do?
    Originally posted by Kermit
    What I want to know is which set of pond life were booing Duberry all afternoon long? He's probably your best centre-back, he's far better than most in that division.
    No-one was booing him I don't think, everytime he does something all Leeds fans shout "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubbssssssssssssss" and it sounds like booing. I think he will do well in this division, I've always thought he wasn't quite good enough in the Prem but once we were relegated I always wanted him to stay because I think he could shine in this division.
  • Options
    Yeah, just a shame that Leicester would have won if Brevett wasn't the cheating little twat that we all know and despise.

I'd laugh so hard if West Ham went down again.

Im gona laugh in you're face when we get promoted back to where we belong. How is Brevitt a cheating twat? Did you see him lash out at anyone?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How did your teams do?
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    No-one was booing him I don't think, everytime he does something all Leeds fans shout "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubbssssssssssssss" and it sounds like booing.

Ah, fair enough. It just sounded like booing through the telly.

I think he will do well in this division, I've always thought he wasn't quite good enough in the Prem but once we were relegated I always wanted him to stay because I think he could shine in this division.

I think he was a lower-level Premiershit player, really; not good enough to be challenging for trophies, but he'll keep you afloat. I always think he's a lot like Wethers, someone who I still can't believe you let go.
  • Options
    Im gona laugh in you're face when we get promoted back to where we belong.

I think Sheffield Wednesday have more right to be in the Premiershit!

How is Brevitt a cheating twat? Did you see him lash out at anyone?

He's a niggly little git, he's like Savage but without the charm. I've never liked him.
  • Options

I think Sheffield Wednesday have more right to be in the Premiershit!

He's a niggly little git, he's like Savage but without the charm. I've never liked him.

Why dont we deserve to be in the premiership. We still have 32,000+ fans at home games. A good away support. A history. Just like Sheffield wednesday have. I agree they should be in the premiership.

Unlike teams like bolton with no history and struggle to get full houses for premiership games with a stadium that holds less than 30,000.
  • Options
    Unlike teams like bolton with no history and struggle to get full houses for premiership games with a stadium that holds less than 30,000.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't The Boleyn Ground only hold 23,000 until very recently?

If we're going to go down the whole "deserving" route then Huddersfield should be in the Premiershit. Which is clearly laughable.

A club is only as good as the team on the pitch. And the happy hammers don't exactly have a good team on the pitch.

I don't have a problem with West Ham, I just hate the attitude of all the "big" clubs. You are where you belong, and if you're shit on the pitch then you belong in a lower league.

As for Bolton having no history- go and look up the history books. I know it's an odd concept for a hammers fan, but Bolton have actually won things.
  • Options
    Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't The Boleyn Ground only hold 23,000 until very recently?

If we're going to go down the whole "deserving" route then Huddersfield should be in the Premiershit. Which is clearly laughable.

A club is only as good as the team on the pitch. And the happy hammers don't exactly have a good team on the pitch.

I don't have a problem with West Ham, I just hate the attitude of all the "big" clubs. You are where you belong, and if you're shit on the pitch then you belong in a lower league.

As for Bolton having no history- go and look up the history books. I know it's an odd concept for a hammers fan, but Bolton have actually won things.

See i accept you're point. But you have contradicted yourself. In what way have sheffield wednesday more right to be in the premiership than west ham?
  • Options
    But you have contradicted yourself. In what way have sheffield wednesday more right to be in the premiership than west ham?

They have been more successful more recently.

But I just used them to illustrate that your argument is bollocks.

You have to remember I'm a bitter fan of an "unfashionable" club:p
  • Options
    Just won against Reading. With good old Teddy scoring his 1st goal. It was a good game esp for division 1. Anyone see it?
  • Options
    Just lost against Gillingham. A disappointment. Ricketts is a useless bastard.
  • Options
    There seems to have been a small misunderstanding about how the sport forum works -

1. I am the moderator.

2. I support (and come from) Bolton

see the mistake there Godders ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    There seems to have been a small misunderstanding about how the sport forum works -

1. I am the moderator.

2. I support (and come from) Bolton

see the mistake there Godders ;)

Bolton are the best team in the world!:D ;)