Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

A slightly annoying thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im not sure how but for some reason all of my documents have .jpg or .doc or whatever depending on what it is after the name. Is there anyway I can get rid of this?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah..

Open up a folder and go to:

Tools>>Folder Options>>View. Below where it says "Hidden files and folders" look for something that says "hide extentions for known files types" and check it the little box next to it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Yeah..

Tools>>Folder Options>>View. Below where it says "Hidden files and folders" look for something that says "hide extentions for known files types" and check it the little box next to it.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    Yeah..

however this is (IMO) a bad thing to do. That .tla is what tells windows what type of file it is.

if you hide that information, what is going to stop you double clicking the dirtypicture.exe file and installing a trojan on your computer?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carriage Return
    however this is (IMO) a bad thing to do. That .tla is what tells windows what type of file it is.

if you hide that information, what is going to stop you double clicking the dirtypicture.exe file and installing a trojan on your computer?

Im only talking about files I have in my folders anyway
  • Options
    If you do what I said to do Ren it will change everything so no file extentions will show on any of your files.
  • Options
    If you do what I said to do Ren it will change everything so no file extentions will show on any of your files.

I thought you could change the settings on a per folder option or global option.