Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Starting the job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im starting my first full time job on monday, its gonna be a monday to friday 9 till 5:30 one and i kinda feel weird about it knowing thats what il be doing for ages now.

So what should i expect from an average trainee accounts office job at 18 years old?

Just kinda curious more then anything :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'll be fine. Though I'm sure getting used to the hours will be draining. :(

I'm about to get a full time job, but at the moment I'm doing nothing and am bored. I only work 10 hours a week and it's not enough.

I'm not sure about the accountancy thing, it's obviously something you're interested in! Is the pay good for a trainee?
    No the pay is crap, seriously crap but the bonus is that after the 1 years training i get a nice fat salary with valuable experience for future reference :D
    Well then you'll be fine. :D

Accountants earn a fair sum. Just look at it that you're putting towards that.

I should think you'll just be shadowing someone - i.e. being put with someone and them showing you the ropes. I expect you'll make a few cups of coffee too. :p
    Originally posted by lucifer devil

I expect you'll make a few cups of coffee too. :p

Thats what i was afraid of lol
    haha, i was just about to ask how good you were at making tea.

and photocopying. probably be doing a whole load of that.