Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

HTML code is on ..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
AGAIN!
quick ...what can i do with it before it goes off again?
on here.

Comments

• Options
    If you were allowed HTML in your sig I would have....

agg.gif
  • Options
    its gone off again now but it will come back on ...what can i get away with in the short space it's on ...anything?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Even if you do make something, it will simply disappear when they turn it off again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Even if you do make something, it will simply disappear when they turn it off again.
    oh.
    it only appears to be on when i'm in the politics forum ...very strange.
  • Options
    I could be completely wrong but ....

the software the thesite uses for these boards allows the administrator to set, for each forum, whether to allow html code in posts or not. If they do, <a href=www.somerandomsitewhichwontwork.com>this link</a> would be active. It seems that this is the case in the politics forum but no-where else (probably just because the admin hasn't noticed!?) In all the other forums to make the above work you have to use the square brackets etc and of course are limited to the things that the board itself recognises instead of being able to do more complicated html stuff which I don't understand and wouldn't try anyway!

Make sense?
  • Options
    Originally posted by pedr
    Make sense?
    probably to these younger minds but ...no.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    probably to these younger minds but ...no.
    In short, the mods probably forgot to turn it off in the P&D forum. If it was on, the weird thing he posted would be a link to the page www.somerandomsitewhichwontwork.com with the text "this link". But since HTML is off, you can only use tags with [ and ] instead of < and >, which limits what you can do. Any better?