Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

overweight/underweight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm Mariam and I moderate Anything Goes, Politics and Students, so some of you may not be familiar with me.

But I'm putting the word out guys now, cos I need a favour.

Are any of you overweight or underweight and between the ages of 11-19-years old.

Are you concerned about this?

If so I want to hear from you as I am researching an article on these two topic areas. Also do you binge eat or just pick at the food on your plate? Are you an emotional eater? Or are you on a fad diet such as Atkins, South Beach or Cambridge, Grapefuit etc. Let me know and I may contact a couple of view fopr a quickie interview.

I will send you a link once the article is done.

Anyway peace out

Mariam

Comments

• Options
    It's the parents' fault that people that young are fat!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    It's the parents' fault that people that young are fat!

They're not forcing the food down their necks. But yes, I see your point. However some people are larger because of medical reasons and what not.

I'm neither overweight or underweight so can't really help. However I tend to not know when to stop. Like I'll carry on even when I'm full. :(
  • Options
    I used to be podgy but for the past year I've been a steady weight and I'm not fat anymore :D

(not that I was that heavy but I did feel bad because I had a bit of flab :/
  • Options
    Im too old to participate :(
  • Options
    It's funny how I can eat all day long and not put an ounce of weight on, but if I go out to an all-nighter and dance (and possibly use drugs :o) I can come away stones lighter.

Hmm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    It's funny how I can eat all day long and not put an ounce of weight on, but if I go out to an all-nighter and dance (and possibly use drugs :o) I can come away stones lighter.

Hmm.

same here...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Me too :( Not that I am over/underweight anyway....
  • Options
    I guess you could say im slightly overweight, well like compared to others im not that bad, i weight 10 stone 8 pounds and im 19 years old. it may sound like the perfect weight for some of you but i have a little podge belly and fairly podgy thighs! :(

so i will do your interview thingy.... :)
  • Options
    I'm a lean, mean killing machine :)

Except for my beer gut anyway.
  • Options
    I'm nearly underweight. I think. I'm 6'0 and I weigh 10st 5lbs. I wanna get the 5lbs off though. I know I don't need to, blah blah, but I want to.

You want underweight though, Kay, although it's due to medical problems, weighs 7 stone (on average, it fluctuates a lot), and she's about 5'9/5'10. And she is SO skinny.

Bitch is still a C though :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

me too. first time i have felt that old too :(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

Since I stopped taking pills so much I've put on about a stone in weight.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

Hmm.

Its because your a growing little boy, thats why.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its because your a growing little boy, thats why.

:yeees:

Yeah, well at least I can actually eat solids (as a pose to having my liquid luncheon delivered to my door daily 'cos everybody hates me). And I'm not senile. Or delusional. Or a complete and utter muppet.

And skive, I'll take that into consideration; may be quite tough mind.
  • Options
    The woman who brings my lunches and I have a good chat.

(I put on about 3/4 stone after I stopped using pills/speed regularly, but then I was only about 8 stone so it was probably a good thing.)