Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

'Shoot the paki'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was walking home a few days ago and as I walked past a pub I heard someone say 'shoot the paki'. He didn't really say it but he kinda coughed it.
It was the kind of pub where theres benches set up outside and people were sat on the benches. I was walking pretty fast and as I walked past I didn't look at anyone. In fact I was looking at the ground all the time, but as soon as I passed the pub then the guy said it. There were a dozen people sat on the benches so there was no way I could've picked out who said it. I didn't stop, I just looked slightly behind me (not at them) and carried on walking but these kind of things really stick in my mind. For the whole day all I can think of was getting that guy somehow and beating him up. Sorry but thats how mad it makes you feel.
What shocked me the most was that there were so many other people around him (even though they were white) and it was outside...... but he still said it. Whys this?

Comments

• Options
    what town/area was this in mate? i didn't think people were still that backwards. madnono.gif
  • Options
    Some people are just wankers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by n00b1e
    what town/area was this in mate? i didn't think people were still that backwards. madnono.gif

unfortunately you can't teach an old dog new tricks
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    unfortunately you can't teach an old dog new tricks

I don't think you can teach a racist how to tell the time...
  • Options
    There'll always be people like this unfortunatley.
  • Options
    ignore em.
    next time you feel angry go out for a run. or invest in a punchbag iconmonkeydance.gif

don't let ignorant wankers get you down. ever.
  • Options
    Stuff like this really sticks on your mind. Once you get a racist remark no matter how much you try to ignore it, you can't. It sticks on your mind for the rest of the day. All I wanted to do was just grab that person and beat him up. I know this sounds stupid but for a moment you start to hate every single white person..... but once the adrenaline calms down and I began to think about all of my white friends and all of the decent people in this great country then that thought obviousy goes out of the window.
  • Options
    Some people are ****s like that, I dunno what it's like and I'm sure it's hard to ignore aswell, but retaliating/beating them up would make you as bad as them,
  • Options
    Look, DON'T beat this geezer up.

OK yes it's hurtful and most would be offended by it.

But if you beat this man, what's stopping him from calling the police? You'll simply be charged with assault and it could go to court! Yes, he called you racially abusive names, but you still would have committed assault.

If anything, it's illegal to shout racist language at people anyhow (if you live in England and Wales). If someone does it in future, then ignore them initially but call the police afterwards!
  • Options
    You should have walked past and coughed "white prick".
    Then ran....really really fast.

Some people can be bastards. I get it when I'm in uniform and walking past a pub, pig comments and such forth. I know it's not the same, but it's still not nice when someone picks up on something to do with how you look instead of talking to you first.
  • Options
    Re: Shoot the paki
    Originally posted by shaz83
    What shocked me the most was that there were so many other people around him (even though they were white) and it was outside...... but he still said it. Whys this?

cause people like that think violence and hate gets them everywhere.

and the problem with that is that other people are too scared to stop them.

some people are tosspieces, but what can you do? i would either not retaliate and then report them to the police, or do nothing and have a smug sense of satisfaction that you are several points further up the evolutionary scale that them.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you and I understand how angry it must have made you.

I was with my b/f a while ago and this horrible woman shouted "fucking Paki" at him (he's not even from Pakistan) and it made me really angry.

What can you do though? People who are like that are usually uneducated and don't have much going for them, so make themselves feel better by criticising others.
  • Options
    Your not alone though in all honesty. What about the 'fat person' the 'skinny person' the 'disfigured person' they also get things said about them on a daily basis or people just stare at them.

No its not nice but I dont know how you can stop it though.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Shoot the paki
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    some people are tosspieces, but what can you do? i would either not retaliate and then report them to the police

seriously, what would the police do other than tell them you're wasting their time? I sympathise with you shaz but this kind of comment is unfortunately one of those things you've just got to live with for now. And looking at many of my generation, something you may have to live with for a bit longer. How do you watch everything people say? How do you make sure they dont think bad thoughts? Unfortunately the police are only so powerful. In a perfect would there wouldn't be any such thoughts, in a slightly less perfect but still better than how it is now, you could have gone up to him and smacked him in the face, that would have made him watch his mouth. But the irony is that it would be you getting in trouble, and would be one of those the BNP use to try and prove the ludicrous statement that most racism in the UK is against white people :lol:.

The wankers will die, survival of the fittest and all that..
  • Options
    What the police can do depends on the situation itself.

He said that he didn't hear the person call him a paki. In that sense I doubt the police could do much.

If he were in the street and someone shouted at the top of their lungs racist things, then he could call the police and the person calling him stuff may get charged.
  • Options
    so whowhere are you a working man on the beat now?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Shoot the paki
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    seriously, what would the police do other than tell them you're wasting their time? Unfortunately the police are only so powerful. In a perfect would there wouldn't be any such thoughts, in a slightly less perfect but still better than how it is now, you could have gone up to him and smacked him in the face, that would have made him watch his mouth.

can't hurt to try.

if everyone kept quiet because no one thought anything could be done, then no one would ever be brought to justice.

smacking whoever said it just brings you down to their level. you can't fight fire with fire.

fight it with water. it's calmer, and quieter, but it still puts the fire out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    so whowhere are you a working man on the beat now?

shush, don't tell anyone.
  • Options
    People of all origins are tossers, & the way I see it is, They DO need to take a beating, I know it aint gonna do no good, & it aint gonna change the way they view anything, but saying nothing isn't gonna change 'em either.
    You did the correct, & disciplined thing, I'm stupid like that, I don't like violence, but racism should not even be a word in the dictionary anymore, let alone still applied in society.
    PEACE
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Shoot the paki
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    seriously, what would the police do other than tell them you're wasting their time?

Based on recent news stories, chances are that he is the police ;)
    I sympathise with you shaz but this kind of comment is unfortunately one of those things you've just got to live with for now.

I think that's the problem though. We live with it, we tolerate it. Personally I would have asked him to repeat it, or said in a loud voice "Did you just..." so that everyone around would have clearly heard what was being said...
    The wankers will die, survival of the fittest and all that..

They will only die if their behaviour is challenged. Nothing has happened which will stop this person again, and next time his mate might join in thinking that nothing will happen to them either.
  • Options
    It happens all the time.

I was on a bus into town here, and a young Asian motehr got on with a buggy. Instead of moving from the buggy bay, like they should, they sat there and then started saying really loudly about how the "fucking pakis are shit mothers" because they leave the buggy next to strangers.

I wish I could have pushed them under the wheels of the bus :mad:
  • Options
    It's funny how all the people saying how paki isn't offensive aren't saying anything.

But yes, they are retarded scum and will hopefully die a slow and painful death. Involving sharp objects hopefully.

But I know what it's like. If someone shouts something like "Faggot" or "twat" in the street, you can ignore it, but racist things really get to you. You just have to move on I suppose. Until the next pea-brain comes along.
  • Options
    Why should we even tolerate the intolerate :(
  • Options
    people are like this as they are blind/uneducated/small minded/mean. sorry you had to go through that :( Take it they were white guy?
    Take pride in the fact its them people that say that kinda stuuf and not you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    It's funny how all the people saying how paki isn't offensive aren't saying anything.

I think it does depend on context, though.

A random insult hurled at you just because you are Asian IS offensive, but if you are in a slanging match with someone it is less offensive because it's just an insult like any other.

If that makes any sense.

The thing about people like that, though, is if you were to kill them you'd be the criminal. Where's the justice in that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If that makes any sense.

The thing about people like that, though, is if you were to kill them you'd be the criminal. Where's the justice in that?

Yes, it did make sense. I also agree but....anyway, that's for another thread.

The law should not protect those who don't respect.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    The law should not protect those who don't respect.

...or those who drive too slowly;)

People are stupid, bigoted morons. Persons aren't, but the masses truly are asses.

I can see why people go into crowded shopping centres and open fire on people, to be quite honest.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Your not alone though in all honesty. What about the 'fat person' the 'skinny person' the 'disfigured person' they also get things said about them on a daily basis or people just stare at them.

It's not th same...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    It's not th same...

It really isn't. I get things shouted at me regarding my weight and my...attractive....ness, but they are nothing in comparison.
  • Options
    big difference with this thread and the one ladst week which was a paki joke.
    this is pure ignorant racist crap.
    for gods sake don't listen to those who advocate violence. gives the racists the best excuse they ever had to carry on in their debased condition.
    wish i had an answer for you ...please remember though ...they are in the minority.